The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Effect of changing coupling cap value

johns2462

Effect of changing coupling cap value Empty Effect of changing coupling cap value

Post by johns2462 Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:53 am

I have been reading quite a bit here and I am trying to determine what effect changing the .1 & .047 caps on the driver board actually have. My speakers put out so much bass now I dont need any more. However I really enjoy Tight bass - not boomey. So I see deeper, more, better on different threads. These things are difficult to put into words but if anyone can chime in I'd appreciate it.

John
    zx

Effect of changing coupling cap value Empty Re: Effect of changing coupling cap value

Post by zx Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:43 am

Well it wont mess up anything,an you well never no if you dont go,my MK3s i have .33 an i have a lot of caps. So if your thinking of just buying caps you can get great caps for chep.
    Most are made of shore any way,i not sure that any caps are made in the US.The one i use are polycaps an the .33@650v are two for a $1.US

Thanks Bob for the site

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 pm