The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

I think I finally stumbled across the perfect tube set for me

jhoak

I think I finally stumbled across the perfect tube set for me Empty I think I finally stumbled across the perfect tube set for me

Post by jhoak Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:59 pm

You'll notice that I said "for me". That would be with my preamp (McIntosh C32) and my speakers (DIY Cornscalas).

The tubes are (1) a Psvane 12AU7 in the center (phase splitter) position, (2) a pair of Electro Harmonix 12BH7s (gold pin) in the voltage amplifier sockets, (3) a Weber WZ68 at rectifier, and (4) a matched quad of Valve Art (Shuguang) 6550s for outputs.

Sonic bliss... What else is there to say Very Happy

I would very much recommend the tube combo to any VTA/ST-120 owner.
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

I think I finally stumbled across the perfect tube set for me Empty Re: I think I finally stumbled across the perfect tube set for me

Post by Bob Latino Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi Jeff,

I've said this on some other posts here ... The Shuguang made output tubes sold under the Shuguang, Valve Art and Ruby names are really good sounding tubes and not terribly expensive. They are also very reliable tubes that usually last a long time. I have never heard the Psvane tubes myself but I was told that they are a Shuguang tube made to higher specs than the standard Shuguang tubes.

The ElectroHarmonix 12BH7 tubes whether gold pin or standard pin are very good with low noise/hum levels. I recommend them as good driver tubes to people who purchase the VTA M-125 amp kits.

Bob
    denny9167
    denny9167

I think I finally stumbled across the perfect tube set for me Empty Re: I think I finally stumbled across the perfect tube set for me

Post by denny9167 Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:44 am

Bob Latino wrote:Hi Jeff,

I've said this on some other posts here ... The Shuguang made output tubes sold under the Shuguang, Valve Art and Ruby names are really good sounding tubes and not terribly expensive. They are also very reliable tubes that usually last a long time. I have never heard the Psvane tubes myself but I was told that they are a Shuguang tube made to higher specs than the standard Shuguang tubes.

The ElectroHarmonix 12BH7 tubes whether gold pin or standard pin are very good with low noise/hum levels. I recommend them as good driver tubes to people who purchase the VTA M-125 amp kits.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I've been running Valve Art EL34's in my Mark IV's,and been thoroughly pleased!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:41 am