The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

New to this forum

grizzinca

New to this forum Empty New to this forum

Post by grizzinca Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:14 am

I'm really learning alot from this forum, but I am new to tube audio. I recently purchased a st 70 off ebay, and not quite sure what I have. When I powered it up, one tube never heated up, but due to my lack of knowledge and lack of patience I ran it anyway. Oh!! The sound was all I heard it was. New tubes on the way. My question is ...what is the cardboard tube opposite the cap cannister? It has writing...30 to 40 MFD, BB0530A, UPN 10779 and the letters AJ. The pics I've seen of st70's show a tube where this part sits. Thanks for the help. Hope to learn much more
    GP49

New to this forum Empty Re: New to this forum

Post by GP49 Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:13 pm

Sounds like someone has replaced the tube rectifier with a silicon diode rectifier, and added a supplemental power supply capacitor.

Probably it would be best to take this thread to the regular board, where tech issues are discussed. Bob may be able to do it since he
    runs the forum.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:11 am