The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Worlds largest collection of vintage NIB '70's, '80's audio equipment ?

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Worlds largest collection of vintage NIB '70's, '80's audio equipment ? Empty Worlds largest collection of vintage NIB '70's, '80's audio equipment ?

Post by Bob Latino Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:06 am

There is a place in Ontario, Canada that claims to have "the largest collection of NEW IN BOX vintage audio equipment." I am not completely sure of the history of this place. There is a video above which mentions that the place closed down some years ago because of the health of the owner. The fellow in the video mentions '70's gear but I did see some DVD players, so there is some '80's and '90's audio gear mixed in ... The speakers may be a good buy but in some of that gear the electrolytic caps may have dried up from non use - SO - you would probably be taking a chance on any of the receivers, amps etc. Also - A lot of this stuff appears to be lower end and mid-fi stereo, although he does show some nice Accuphase gear near the end of the video.

This stuff (5 million dollars of it ...) is slowly being sold off on Ebay at the link below.

Vintage NIB audio equipment on Ebay

Disclaimer - I do not know this person nor do I have anything to do with the sale of this equipment. Also - I didn't see any tube gear in the video ...

Bob
    GP49

Worlds largest collection of vintage NIB '70's, '80's audio equipment ? Empty Re: Worlds largest collection of vintage NIB '70's, '80's audio equipment ?

Post by GP49 Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:10 pm

A lot of mid-fi stuff with a few gems sprinkled around.

Also some stuff that a very few would really, REALLY want but most of us would find useless (i.e., Pioneer LD-700 Laserdisc Video Disc Player).

Worlds largest collection of vintage NIB '70's, '80's audio equipment ? Empty Re: Worlds largest collection of vintage NIB '70's, '80's audio equipment ?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:43 am

I wonder if the "tour guide" in the video was aware that he had a tag on the back of his hat. lol!
    mantha3
    mantha3

Post by mantha3 Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:00 pm

The tag is what the cool homies wear these days...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:50 am