The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Hello.. I am new here Greetings, I have a question about my Dynaco Sysyem..

vincentdsnt

Hello.. I am new here Greetings,  I have a question about my Dynaco Sysyem.. Empty Hello.. I am new here Greetings, I have a question about my Dynaco Sysyem..

Post by vincentdsnt Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:26 pm

I have a Dynakit ST-70 and PAS 2......I just noticed while playing music today I shutdown the preamp and the music still played through the amp same as if the preamp was still powered up?? IS this a problem or expected?? Thank you, Vincent.
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Hello.. I am new here Greetings,  I have a question about my Dynaco Sysyem.. Empty Re: Hello.. I am new here Greetings, I have a question about my Dynaco Sysyem..

Post by Bob Latino Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi Vincent and welcome to the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum,

What you are experiencing is normal ...

The fact that your preamp plays music after it has been shut off is because the electrolytic capacitors in the amp are still charged somewhat. Your preamp will play but the volume will decrease slowly over a period of time. The period of time the preamp plays after being shut off is related to the setting on your volume control. The higher the volume setting the shorter time the preamp will play after it has been shut off.

Bob
    vincentdsnt

Hello.. I am new here Greetings,  I have a question about my Dynaco Sysyem.. Empty Re: Hello.. I am new here Greetings, I have a question about my Dynaco Sysyem..

Post by vincentdsnt Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:36 pm

Yes exactly ......So Thank You very much for your help.
    Sal
    Sal

Post by Sal Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi Vincent,

Welcome to this forum.

Its a indication your quad electrolytic power supply capacitor is in good shape. I have worked on and own many Dynaco preamps and for some reason, the quad caps are in good shape.

Regards,
    Sal

vincentdsnt

Post by vincentdsnt Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:55 pm

Thank You Sal.............I will remember that.

Best to you,
    Vincent

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:25 am