The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

My ST120...

thevic24

My ST120... Empty My ST120...

Post by thevic24 Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Well IIRC...(I am Polish..lol) as of Feb 19, my ST120 turned 2 years old.

She is still making beautiful sounds and amazingly enough...I am still using the same 6550's. I actually just got them back from being tested by Jim McShane and they still have over 85% life left in them. (He tested them at full operating voltages)

I think they have around 2.5-3k hours on them.

Any who, again a BIG thanks to Bob for building me a great amp!!

Lately, I have been using it more and more. I am watching Moonshiners on tv and using her for the sound....I think my Carver is getting jealous!!

Hey Bob, I like the looks of the 500w monoblock you are thinking about. 16 power tubes?? May need extra air conditioning...lol

Thanks again!!

-Vic
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

My ST120... Empty Re: My ST120...

Post by Bob Latino Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi Vic,

Glad to hear that your amp is running well after 2+ years ....

Whaddya mean 16 output tubes on those 500 watt monoblocks ? Your gonna need another monoblock for the other channel ! Make that 32 output tubes and two built in heaters that you really don't need living in FL - lololo

Bob

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:35 pm