The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

feet for my Dynaco Mark III

Steven0356

feet for my Dynaco Mark III Empty feet for my Dynaco Mark III

Post by Steven0356 Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:38 am

I am looking for rubber replacement feet for my Dynaco Mark IIIs. I bought some for my PAS3 but now i can't remember where I got them. They looks like they would be the same feet

Thanks
    stewdan

feet for my Dynaco Mark III Empty Re: feet for my Dynaco Mark III

Post by stewdan Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:08 am

Hi -- For what it is worth ....

The replacement rubber feet for a Stock PAS attach to the PAS's flat bottom with a screw and nut since holes were provided for each of the screws. Stock Mark III's have a flat bottom with 4 raised bumps (one in each corner) and have no screw holes, so there is no way to attach PAS Feet to the Mark III, unless you drill screw holes???!!!

As an alternative, at some DIY forum, I saw where someone created stand-off or isolation feet for the Mark III out of 2" or 2 & 1/2" diameter Closet Rods cut into 1 & 1/2" sections. The sections were separated by glued-on cork or rubber. A 3/4" hole was countersunk in 4 of the sections where each section fit over the raised bump. Two joined sections would get the Amp about 3" off the ground and allow for air flow. You can also use square sections of hardwood (red oak or walnut, etc) and achieve the same result.
    Steven0356

Post by Steven0356 Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:43 am

stewdan wrote:Hi -- For what it is worth ....

The replacement rubber feet for a Stock PAS attach to the PAS's flat bottom with a screw and nut since holes were provided for each of the screws. Stock Mark III's have a flat bottom with 4 raised bumps (one in each corner) and have no screw holes, so there is no way to attach PAS Feet to the Mark III, unless you drill screw holes???!!!

As an alternative, at some DIY forum, I saw where someone created stand-off or isolation feet for the Mark III out of 2" or 2 & 1/2" diameter Closet Rods cut into 1 & 1/2" sections. The sections were separated by glued-on cork or rubber. A 3/4" hole was countersunk in 4 of the sections where each section fit over the raised bump. Two joined sections would get the Amp about 3" off the ground and allow for air flow. You can also use square sections of hardwood (red oak or walnut, etc) and achieve the same result.

Yep you are right they are raised bumps. Someone has already drilled the holes so i might be able to attach more conventional type rubber feet, but I like your idea much better

Thanks Very Happy
    Luddite
    Luddite

Post by Luddite Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Here's an option that will give you good vibration isolation to boot. Since, IMHO, 1/2" would be plenty of clearance for a good convection cooling air flow, providing 1" would certainly be more than sufficient. Three of these cones per MK-III would nicely do the trick.

http://www.tubesandmore.com/products/S-VIBRACONE

Best Regards,
    Charlie
    Steven0356

Post by Steven0356 Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Luddite wrote:Here's an option that will give you good vibration isolation to boot. Since, IMHO, 1/2" would be plenty of clearance for a good convection cooling air flow, providing 1" would certainly be more than sufficient. Three of these cones per MK-III would nicely do the trick.

http://www.tubesandmore.com/products/S-VIBRACONE

Best Regards,
    Charlie

Are those hollow in the middle? they would have to be to accommodate the raised bumps.

For a temporary fix i found some free cork flooring samples at home depot. I cut them in to squares and countersunk a 3/4" in hole in the top . They work great.

Thanks for the idea
    Luddite
    Luddite

Post by Luddite Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:37 pm

Steven0356 wrote:

Are those hollow in the middle? they would have to be to accommodate the raised bumps.

For a temporary fix i found some free cork flooring samples at home depot. I cut them in to squares and countersunk a 3/4" in hole in the top . They work great.

Thanks for the idea

I dont think they are hollow, but I was thinking of them being used with the point up like in the picture. Just set the amp on top of them.

Best Regards,
    Charlie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:43 am