The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Colored wire

hup_d_dup

Colored wire Empty Colored wire

Post by hup_d_dup Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:08 pm

I really like the colored wire in the Mk IIIs. It makes it easy to reference the wire to the schematic, which lists the colors.

Does anyone know who sells this type of wire? I have only been able to find it in lengths that would be suitable for rewiring 50 amps and guess what, I don't have that many.

Jonathan
    myaddiction
    myaddiction

Colored wire Empty Re: Colored wire

Post by myaddiction Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:57 pm

You can buy it at Radio Shack in 50' spools, red, green, black and yellow I believe.
    hup_d_dup

Post by hup_d_dup Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:21 pm

I already have those colors (and white too) but the Mk III also has red/black, red/yellow, green/yellow, black/white, green/white, brown and orange. There is also a purple wire in the amp although it is not marked as such on the schematic.
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:27 pm

hup_d_dup wrote:I already have those colors (and white too) but the Mk III also has red/black, red/yellow, green/yellow, black/white, green/white, brown and orange. There is also a purple wire in the amp although it is not marked as such on the schematic.

Hup,

Are you referring to the transformer wires ? and changing out the transformer wiring ? Or the wiring of the amp itself ?

Bob
    hup_d_dup

Post by hup_d_dup Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:46 am

Both. Anything that has a color coded wire, I would like to be able to substitute the same, when the time comes to replace it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:01 pm