The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

PAS Selector

Pillo69
    Pillo69

PAS Selector Empty PAS Selector

Post by Pillo69 Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:14 am

I've thought about changing the selector PAS. I've seen a manual curcio where only uses a phono input, phono RCA input goes to terminal 6 PC6 plate and terminal 1 is connected to the switch positions.
    I want to use two phono inputs and by manual curcio do not see how it can connect properly.
    Someone has changed the selector positions and has used two PHONO inputs to help me?.
    Thank you.

PAS Selector Trasera_del_frontal
    Flyquail56

PAS Selector Empty Re: PAS Selector

Post by Flyquail56 Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:44 am

After reading the manual, it appears that it may not be possible to wire the Curcio selector to operate properly with more than one phono input. However, it is easy to do with the original selector switch if you are willing to consider that option.

Remove the two 27 K resistors and 750 pF caps from the middle section of the selector switch. Then either install the 750pF caps on PC-6 in parallel with the existing 68 pF caps that are on the board, or alternately, remove the 68 pF caps and install new 820 pF caps. You will now have three inputs equalized for phono: tape head, special, and phono.

If you want to tweak the phono stage a little further, Curcio's changes suggested in this link are worthwhile: http://tinyurl.com/buytcpn

Hope this helps.

Mike

Last edited by Flyquail56 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    Pillo69
    Pillo69

Post by Pillo69 Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:38 pm

Thank you very much. Mikle.

Regarding the amendment RIAA phono plate, I followed the advice that Bob said in the forum.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:27 pm