The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

NEW product - SP10-OCTAL preamp with phono and power supply

Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

NEW product - SP10-OCTAL preamp with  phono and power supply Empty NEW product - SP10-OCTAL preamp with phono and power supply

Post by Roy Mottram Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:51 pm

this isn't posted on my webpage yet, maybe by tomorrow, but I've been working on it for a few weeks and the PCB design is done,
    will be building one up next week. This is an all-in-one, phono, line stage, power supply, all on one board (like my old SP8 design)
    this one combines an octal (6SL7) version of my PH12 with an octal (6SN7) version of my SP10 line amp
    and a tube rectified and fully regulated B+power supply, with two independent regulated filament supplies.
    email or PM for more info. PCB kit with all parts (no tubes, none of the chassis parts) $199. (it's a BIG board!)
    Figure around $450 for all the chassis parts, and $70 for tubes.
    Much less than an SP14 plus an SP16 (about $1600 !! )
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

NEW product - SP10-OCTAL preamp with  phono and power supply Empty Re: NEW product - SP10-OCTAL preamp with phono and power supply

Post by Roy Mottram Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:48 pm

maybe this will get your adrenaline going . . . .   also, here's a link to the new web page for it . . . SP10-octal preamp page

NEW product - SP10-OCTAL preamp with  phono and power supply Sp10-octal-2s

Last edited by tubes4hifi on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added web link and PCB diagram)
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

NEW product - SP10-OCTAL preamp with  phono and power supply Empty Re: NEW product - SP10-OCTAL preamp with phono and power supply

Post by Roy Mottram Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:14 pm

OK, this should be even better.   I'm a little behind schedule getting this built, and now I'll be gone for a week of vacation.
    But here is a photo of the finished board Very Happy 
    also here is a link to the build page
    NEW product - SP10-OCTAL preamp with  phono and power supply SP10-O-07
    tonebells
    tonebells

Post by tonebells Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:05 pm

I got done wiring up my kit today. I will post again when I have had time to give it a good listen.

IMG_0949[1]

IMG_0950[1]
    tonebells
    tonebells

Post by tonebells Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:36 am

The line stage sounds great. Very detailed and nice impact. It may be some time before I get to listen to the phono section.
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:02 pm

Very nice ... new tubes, or already broken in?

tonebells
    tonebells

Post by tonebells Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:16 pm

sKiZo wrote:Very nice ... new tubes, or already broken in?

Not yet. Every time I turn it on it sounds better. I have some NOS tubes to roll but I want to get these into my brain first.
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:44 pm

OK then ... I was wondering if you were going to have to settle for "very detailed and nice impact" or if there was still some "OMG I've died and gone to heaven" in your future. tongue 
    tonebells
    tonebells

Post by tonebells Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:38 pm

sKiZo wrote:OK then ... I was wondering if you were going to have to settle for "very detailed and nice impact" or if there was still some "OMG I've died and gone to heaven" in your future. tongue 
    I tend to be reserved.
    arledgsc
    arledgsc

Post by arledgsc Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:31 pm

Very nice preamp!   I'm using a 6SN7 type tube (with socket adapter) in the front end of the ST-120 and I really like the way it sounds!  It will be killer in a few months!
    tonebells
    tonebells

Post by tonebells Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:37 pm

The phono section sounds just as good as the line stage. Very open with great bass.

Thanks Roy

Tony

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:24 pm