The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Dynaco ST70 Find

Skelt

Dynaco ST70 Find Empty Dynaco ST70 Find

Post by Skelt Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:28 am

Dynaco ST70 Find Back_d11

Dynaco ST70 Find Front_12

Dynaco ST70 Find Inside11

I am looking to buy this amplifier. As you can see, it has been modified. This would be my first tube amplifier. The seller says that it works. Can anybody give me any idea as to what some of these mods likely are, what they probably would have cost, whether or not this would be a good start, and what might be a fair price?

Thanks in advance.
    DynakitParts
    DynakitParts

Dynaco ST70 Find Empty ST-70 Find

Post by DynakitParts Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:04 am

Hi,
       The seller should provide you with the details of these upgrades...assuming he knows. Appears
    someone replaced the original can capacitor with an array of individual capacitors. The (2) large blue caps look to be dangerously close to the under side of the cover. The Gizmo on the back side I assume is a volume control. Above this are (4) wires laced through the cover holes..I have no idea what these are but it is something I would not recommend doing.  PC board looks to be stock with a few modern components. The real value of this unit should be based on the transformers, chassis & cover assuming the transformers are good. As it is now with these modifications the value of this amplifier is greatly diminished. If it were me..I would not pay more than $200 to $250 for this unit.

Kevin @ Dynakit
    peterh
    peterh

Dynaco ST70 Find Empty Re: Dynaco ST70 Find

Post by peterh Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:03 pm

UH1DG337 wrote:Dynaco ST70 Find Back_d11

Dynaco ST70 Find Front_12

Dynaco ST70 Find Inside11

I am looking to buy this amplifier. As you can see, it has been modified. This would be my first tube amplifier. The seller says that it works. Can anybody give me any idea as to what some of these mods likely are, what they probably would have cost, whether or not this would be a good start, and what might be a fair price?

Thanks in advance.
    This is only good as a base for total rebuild ( unless seller has an excellent documentation of the mods done)

bid 150 dollar , don't more then 200 ( you can buy a brand new kit for 600 )

Sponsored content

Dynaco ST70 Find Empty Re: Dynaco ST70 Find

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:10 am