The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

Now we have three types of KT120 tubes (really two) - photo ..

Bob Latino
    Admin

Now we have three types of KT120 tubes (really two) - photo ..

Post by Bob Latino on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Shuguang in China now makes a KT120 output tube that appears to be slightly different than the original Tung-Sol KT120. Psvane also has a KT120 out but it appears to me to be a rebadged Tung-Sol KT120.

Link > Psvane KT120

Chinese KT120 photo below

All of these would be suitable in a VTA ST-120 or VTA M-125 monoblock. If anyone picks up a quad of the Shuguang KT120's and trys them out, please comment here in this thread on their sound? I think that Shuguang picking up the manuafacture of their own KT120 is good because competition will keep pricing stable on the KT120.

Bob

ValleySounds

Re: Now we have three types of KT120 tubes (really two) - photo ..

Post by ValleySounds on Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:35 pm

I was looking at the Psvane kt-120's. They do look like rebranded Tung sols but they are missing the side getter. They may be different but I cant find any info on the net. The Shuguang looks like it may be worth a shot.

No side getter

tung sol

Last edited by ValleySounds on Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a pic of the tung sol)

sKiZo

Post by sKiZo on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:17 am

I imagine the Psvane's are made by Shuguang. That's the deal they had on the KT88's. Only difference was the branding and according to Grant, they got the pick of the barrel, selecting only a small percentage of the supply for their product line.

Not sure how much truth there is to all that, but I do love my KT88's ...

(But not as much as the TungSol KT120's ... those are breaking in real nice!)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:30 pm

Current date/time is Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:30 pm