The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+4
RichJB603
Jhoman
Bob Latino
LEVLHED
8 posters

Choices in rectifier tubes for VTA?

RichJB603

Choices in rectifier tubes for VTA? - Page 2 Empty Re: Choices in rectifier tubes for VTA?

Post by RichJB603 Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:08 pm

You have put tubes through a dishwasher???? I can't imagine this is a very good idea....
    anbitet66
    anbitet66

Choices in rectifier tubes for VTA? - Page 2 Empty Re: Choices in rectifier tubes for VTA?

Post by anbitet66 Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:53 pm

Admittedly, I thought that was better than trying to wipe the years of dust off and risk removing the markings on the glass. A dishwasher was new to me at the time, so I didn't see a problem with using it. It realy did a great job, just that I ended up with generic looking tubes in the end anyway. And octal tubes are probably not a good idea to use this method unless you have lots of time to spare to adequately let the base dry.
    JunkyJan
    JunkyJan

Choices in rectifier tubes for VTA? - Page 2 Empty You can wipe the lettering....

Post by JunkyJan Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:16 pm

For what it's worth, you can wipe the lettering off the new (New Sensor) genalex KT66 / KT88 tubes as well - after a couple of hundred or so hours of running... Seems the ink/paint graphics degrade because of prolonged exposure to heat.

-- 'Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:26 pm