The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

Driver Board Capacitor Values

polarflux

Driver Board Capacitor Values

Post by polarflux on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:45 pm

I have been thinking about playing with some fancy caps in the driver board of my ST-70 and am wondering if anyone has a list of the values. I've misplaced by build documentation and feel like taking my amp apart to look. Also, I am welcome to cap recommendations. I've heard the Mundorf Gold or silvers are nice.

-Polarflux

Bob Latino
    Admin

Re: Driver Board Capacitor Values

Post by Bob Latino on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:29 pm

As for the four main coupling caps ... You can use really anything between .10 uF and .33 uF caps as long as they are 400 volt rated or higher ..

Bob

polarflux

Post by polarflux on Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:36 pm

Thanks Bob. Is it correct that the value of the other caps is 0.1uf? Also, are those call the interstage caps?

Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:52 pm

Yes .. The interstage caps on the VTA CCS driver board (C1 and C2) are .10 uF @ 400 volts. They are called "interstage" caps because they carry the audio signal from the voltage amplifier part of the board to the phase splitter/inverter part of the board.

Bob

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:49 am

Current date/time is Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:49 am