The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Jantzen Caps

Jantzen Caps Empty Jantzen Caps

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:49 am

Has anybody here used Jantzen caps in their amps?, say coupling caps and other 'critical' areas?
    Are they good, no difference, waste of money?, thanks for any input.

corndog71
    corndog71

Jantzen Caps Empty Re: Jantzen Caps

Post by corndog71 Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:02 pm

I've tried their lower end models and didn't care for them. They sounded a bit dark and had less detail than other caps I've tried. I hear their higher end ones aren't bad but I haven't tried them myself.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:14 pm

Last edited by PeterCapo on Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:21 pm

I tend to agree with Peter ... I have used the Jantzen Crosscaps in rebuilding older speaker crossovers. They are supposed to be + or - 5% but when I measured them they were within 2% of the actual value. These caps are made in Finland (although Jantzen is a Danish company) to very high standards and are much better than generic Chinese caps. EVERY older speaker that I rebuilt with the Jantzen Crosscaps (made for crossover networks) sounded better than the original caps that came with the speakers. Maybe that is not a fair comparison because some of the speakers were from the '60's and '70's and the caps were old and caps do many times deteriorate over 40+ years .. As to their upper level "Z-caps", I have never heard one so I cannot comment on their sound ..

Bob

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:51 pm

Bob Latino wrote:I tend to agree with Peter ... I have used the Jantzen Crosscaps in rebuilding older speaker crossovers. They are supposed to be + or - 5% but when I measured them they were within 2% of the actual value. These caps are made in Finland (although Jantzen is a Danish company) to very high standards and are much better than generic Chinese caps. EVERY older speaker that I rebuilt with the Jantzen Crosscaps (made for crossover networks) sounded better than the original caps that came with the speakers. Maybe that is not a fair comparison because some of the speakers were from the '60's and '70's and the caps were old and caps do many times deteriorate over 40+ years .. As to their upper level "Z-caps", I have never heard one so I cannot comment on their sound ..

Bob
    what about Jantzen caps as coupler caps etc
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:06 pm

I don't know ? Maybe someone else who has used these as main coupling caps could comment on their sound ?

Bob
    Brap
    Brap

Jantzen Caps Empty Jantzen caps

Post by Brap Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:41 pm

For coupling caps, I really prefer Mundorf SGO. I do not think there are many better other than Dueland

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am