The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

SP14 - my own personal thoughts . . .

tubes4hifi
    Admin

SP14 - my own personal thoughts . . .

Post by tubes4hifi on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:23 am

this is a link to my post from 3 years ago . . . thought maybe some newbies might want to read it !! (at this time, it's hidden WAY back on page 32)

http://dynacotubeaudio.forumotion.com/t1178-vta-sp14-preamp-part-2-does-your-jaw-drop-to-the-floor-or-do-you-wet-your-pants

Tube Nube

Re: SP14 - my own personal thoughts . . .

Post by Tube Nube on Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:26 pm

A timely time to bring this forward, with quite a bit of interest and reference being made to the SP14 lately.

I continue to be more than delighted with this pre amp.

pedrocols

Post by pedrocols on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:48 pm

I do use a passive preamp and very happy with it. I sold my BAT preamp after listening to my system with a passive preamp. However, I am very tempted to try this preamp. Winter is here in New England and this would be a nice winter project.

Kentley

Post by Kentley on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:50 pm

Just today, I put a couple of Sylvania chrome-top 6SN7s (vintage 1954) in my six-month-old SP-14, in the volt amp position.
    The clarity of those elusive string overtones has never sounded so natural. And those are the Holy Grail of Sound for the "Classical" aficionado.
    As stated in the no-B.S. intro to the SP-14, this is not a preamp for the casual listener. One should have a well-matched system in place before considering it. And be prepared to do some personalized tube-rolls, and coupling cap choices, in order to appreciate its capabilities.
    I am convinced that the SP-14 is the Final Frontier for a no-compromise two-channel stereo system.

Last edited by Kentley on Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:15 pm

Current date/time is Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:15 pm