The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

St-70 with Quad ESL-57

St-70 with Quad ESL-57 Empty St-70 with Quad ESL-57

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:43 pm

I think I read somewhere that the ST-70 would be a good match with the Quad ESL-57 which has a tough load to deal with. Does anyone here have any experience and/or advise with this combination?

Thanks
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

St-70 with Quad ESL-57 Empty Re: St-70 with Quad ESL-57

Post by Bob Latino Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:59 pm

Captain Coconut wrote: I think I read somewhere that the ST-70 would be a good match with the Quad ESL-57 which has a tough load to deal with. Does anyone here have any experience and/or advise with this combination?

Thanks

Hi,

You heard correctly. The Dynaco ST-70 handles low impedance loads (below 4 ohms) very well. Quite a few people use the ST-70 with full range electrostatic speakers or hybrid type electrostatic speakers like Martin Logan's. I have also found that they work well with the Magnepan planar magnetic speakers which also can be difficult to drive. The same applies to the 60 WPC TUBE ST-120 ...

Bob

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:11 am