The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products


    Stupid is as stupid does

    Share

    GP49

    Posts : 733
    Join date : 2009-04-30
    Location : East of the sun and west of the moon

    Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by GP49 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:13 pm

    I don't know if this has been seen here before.  I know I got it from someplace on the Net...but can't remember where.

    Worth a look, in any case.


    skriefal

    Posts : 118
    Join date : 2011-09-20
    Location : Utah, USA

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by skriefal on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:31 pm

    That 'takes the cake' as one of the dumbest things I've seen in vacuum tube-o-philia.  Those tubes are now worth $0.00 each.  The boxes might be worth $0.50 each. Smile

    Doctor Hugocat

    Posts : 89
    Join date : 2015-08-19
    Location : Los Angeles CA

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by Doctor Hugocat on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:32 am

    Laughing Laughing

    Oh dear........Thanks for posting!

    Tube Nube

    Posts : 641
    Join date : 2008-12-06
    Age : 53
    Location : Calgary, AB

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by Tube Nube on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:46 am

    Ahh, where's the glass tube?

    deepee99

    Posts : 1333
    Join date : 2012-05-23
    Location : Wallace, Idaho

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by deepee99 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:11 am

    Why doesn't he just put the glass back on? That would solve everything, wouldn't it?

    PeterCapo

    Posts : 386
    Join date : 2008-12-05

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by PeterCapo on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:23 am

    Amazing.

    Tube Nube

    Posts : 641
    Join date : 2008-12-06
    Age : 53
    Location : Calgary, AB

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by Tube Nube on Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:45 am

    It must be a gag ad.

    ArlanB

    Posts : 52
    Join date : 2011-01-23
    Age : 69
    Location : Santa Cruz, California

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by ArlanB on Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:53 pm

    If it were April 1st I might just get a good laugh out of this, however looking at the posting date of the add, this just makes me sad that someone could be so clueless.

    deepee99

    Posts : 1333
    Join date : 2012-05-23
    Location : Wallace, Idaho

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by deepee99 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:56 pm

    ArlanB wrote:If it were April 1st I might just get a good laugh out of this, however looking at the posting date of the add, this just makes me sad that someone could be so clueless.
    Ever been to an Obama rally?

    corndog71

    Posts : 451
    Join date : 2013-03-19
    Location : It can get windy here

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by corndog71 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:20 pm

    deepee99 wrote:
    ArlanB wrote:If it were April 1st I might just get a good laugh out of this, however looking at the posting date of the add, this just makes me sad that someone could be so clueless.
    Ever been to an Obama rally?

    Have you? How about we keep this politics free?

    deepee99

    Posts : 1333
    Join date : 2012-05-23
    Location : Wallace, Idaho

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by deepee99 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:28 pm

    corndog71 wrote:
    deepee99 wrote:
    ArlanB wrote:If it were April 1st I might just get a good laugh out of this, however looking at the posting date of the add, this just makes me sad that someone could be so clueless.
    Ever been to an Obama rally?

    Have you?  How about we keep this politics free?
    Corndog, I have. But yes, that was a cheap shot on my part. I apologize for wandering off topic. I just want my daughters to marry men with decent musical appreciations, without regard to to race, politics, sexual preference or country of origin. If they like good tunes, I can be happy. Again, my apologies. I was out of line.

    tubenutr

    Posts : 62
    Join date : 2015-01-25
    Age : 59
    Location : Northern Ontario

    Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by tubenutr on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:51 pm

    The sad thing is that someone will actually purchase the junk.

    sKiZo

    Posts : 1310
    Join date : 2013-04-01
    Location : Michigan USA

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by sKiZo on Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:34 am

    I can only imagine the improved clarity of the sound ...

    GP49

    Posts : 733
    Join date : 2009-04-30
    Location : East of the sun and west of the moon

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by GP49 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:39 am

    sKiZo wrote:I can only imagine the improved clarity of the sound ...

    ...and the velvety silent background...

    mazeeff

    Posts : 122
    Join date : 2014-01-06
    Age : 61
    Location : Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by mazeeff on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:21 pm

    Just how easy is it to remove the glass on a vacuum tube? I would have thought that it would be quite difficult (especially for the seller!). Makes me question the authenticity!

    Mike

    deepee99

    Posts : 1333
    Join date : 2012-05-23
    Location : Wallace, Idaho

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by deepee99 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:57 pm

    mazeeff wrote:Just how easy is it to remove the glass on a vacuum tube? I would have thought that it would be quite difficult (especially for the seller!). Makes me question the authenticity!

    Mike
    Trust me, it's easy. Just try to remove the tube from the socket by pulling on the glass. Wrecked a brand-new KT-88 that way.

    j beede

    Posts : 328
    Join date : 2011-02-07
    Location : California

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by j beede on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:52 pm

    I bought a set of bipolar power transistors from this guy a while back. He claims to use a custom test fixture of his own design to "get all the smoke out" from each device before he ships them.

    Kentley

    Posts : 335
    Join date : 2015-03-06
    Age : 64
    Location : Worcester, MA

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by Kentley on Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:09 pm

    j beede wrote:I bought a set of bipolar power transistors from this guy a while back. He claims to use a custom test fixture of his own design to "get all the smoke out" from each device before he ships them.

    Key words: bipolar, And "Smoke on the Water" Run, quickly, before it's too late!

    deepee99

    Posts : 1333
    Join date : 2012-05-23
    Location : Wallace, Idaho

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by deepee99 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:17 pm

    I have replacement smoke, straight from Lucas (see avatar) for that iron.

    Doctor Hugocat

    Posts : 89
    Join date : 2015-08-19
    Location : Los Angeles CA

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by Doctor Hugocat on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:56 pm

    deepee99 wrote:I have replacement smoke, straight from Lucas (see avatar) for that iron.

    Deepee99, as someone who has always run old British cars (and still has 2 Triumphs) I deeply appreciate that avatar! Very Happy

    Tom

    Posts : 166
    Join date : 2011-04-04

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by Tom on Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:37 am

    I can't understand you guys.
    From what I read, it's all
    "no sand in the amp!, no sand in the amp!!!"

    well, glass is silicon dioxide (sand) so by removing it,
    this guy is clearly heading in the right direction

    it's so hard to be ahead of the curve...
    Smile

    tubes4hifi
    Admin

    Posts : 1286
    Join date : 2008-11-30

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by tubes4hifi on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:03 pm

    no sand in the SIGNAL path ! The glass tube is outside the signal path ! It's a guardian of the force within (or without).
    May the force (farce) be with you!! Very Happy
    But then again, I remind you of my motto . . . "the path of least resistance is thru a vacuum"
    now, there is no vacuum, no signal, no noise, no music, no joy
    or in the reverse logic . . . vacuum=music=joy

    Dogstar

    Posts : 90
    Join date : 2014-06-23

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by Dogstar on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:01 pm

    Maybe whoever buys those put the glass back on and get an aerosol can of vacuum and fill them back up with nothing.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Stupid is as stupid does

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:15 am


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:15 am