The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

Charles Rodrigues "Total Harmonic Distortion" cartoons from Stereo Review

GP49

Charles Rodrigues "Total Harmonic Distortion" cartoons from Stereo Review Empty Charles Rodrigues "Total Harmonic Distortion" cartoons from Stereo Review

Post by GP49 Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:26 pm

The almost-complete collection of famous cartoons by Charles Rodrigues in Stereo Review magazine is now available to upload,
    for the pleasure of our membership.  These are from the long out-of-print 1988 book, Total Harmonic Distortion. which contained
    ALMOST all of Rodrigues's cartoons for the magazine.

Thanks to William Spencer of the SymphonyShare classical music forum for the PDF conversion.

A sample cartoon is attached.

Download URL:  

https://www.mediafire.com/?wbn20oc2oi6y75q

Charles Rodrigues "Total Harmonic Distortion" cartoons from Stereo Review ZGwDOEah
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Charles Rodrigues "Total Harmonic Distortion" cartoons from Stereo Review Empty Re: Charles Rodrigues "Total Harmonic Distortion" cartoons from Stereo Review

Post by Bob Latino Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:40 am

GP49,

Thanks for the link to the Rodrigues cartoons .. "way back" when I got my copy of Stereo Review in the mail each month, one of the first things that I did was to look for the Rodrigues cartoon. Below are two more of his cartoons ..

Bob

The true value of some items ...
    Charles Rodrigues "Total Harmonic Distortion" cartoons from Stereo Review Rodriguez01_zps4cfyo4we

I still remember this one. The dog who has better high range hearing than humans turning the treble control down ... lol
    Charles Rodrigues "Total Harmonic Distortion" cartoons from Stereo Review Rodriguez02_zps9uhk1qn8
    arley

Charles Rodrigues "Total Harmonic Distortion" cartoons from Stereo Review Empty Re: Charles Rodrigues "Total Harmonic Distortion" cartoons from Stereo Review

Post by arley Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:07 pm

Thanks for posting; brought back many memories of SR and the audio world of the 70s and 80s.

One of my favorite Rodrigues cartoons shows an audiophile approaching his turntable with an aerosol can; the can is labelled 'Spray Dolby'.
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:15 pm

Great stuff!. Thanks, Bob.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 pm