The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

Dynaco design

Cosmik Debris

Dynaco design Empty Dynaco design

Post by Cosmik Debris Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:09 pm

Greetings. Several years ago I built Bob's ST-120 amplifier and have enjoyed it immensely. I am an electrical engineer and have a question on the design of the ST-120 amplifier. We have the classic power amplifier designs such as The Williamson, The Mullard 5-20, and The Quad II. The Dynaco wiki page mentions that Hafler wrote an article for Radio-Electronics Magazine in 1955 delineating the design of a high-power version of the Williamson amplifier using Ultralinear circuitry. From studying the schematic of the Dynaco ST-120, I can see the various characteristics and stages of the amplifier. For example, the input stage, the 180 degree phase splitter, the push-pull output stage, and the negative feedback. I would like to know which classic amplifier the Dynaco ST-120 closely resembles.

Thank you,

Chuck

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:15 am