The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+7
crkohut
Dave_in_Va
edgobb
monkuboy
cci1492
pedrocols
Roy Mottram
11 posters

VTA PH16X Build Thread (With SP14 to Follow)

mijohn

VTA PH16X Build Thread (With SP14 to Follow) - Page 2 Empty Re: VTA PH16X Build Thread (With SP14 to Follow)

Post by mijohn Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:54 am

solderblob wrote:I can't view your pics.  They don't show as links for me.  Any clues?

Dave
    If you right click one of the missing picture question marks and 'copy image address' then go to the website you will see that unfortunately it seems that all 4 of Ed's websites including the one he was hosting these images on has been hacked and demolished and he was going to have to start again from scratch. Sorry to read about that Ed!
    edgobb
    edgobb

VTA PH16X Build Thread (With SP14 to Follow) - Page 2 Empty Pictures

Post by edgobb Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:20 pm

Hi all!

I apologize that my pictures have disappeared into the cyber-void. My Wordpress website where I hosted my photos was compromised and I had to wipe the entire thing and start over.

I then packed up all of my junk and moved from Austin, TX to Grand Rapids, MI.....apparently I wanted to be closer to sKiZo. Smile

I have all of the pictures that I took during the build on my hard drive, but I renamed them AFTER I uploaded them to my server to organize them better there and keep them in order. So here is the problem...I don't know which pictures I used in my original thread because the filenames don't match.

I'm digging through my files to see if i can reconstruct what I did.

I'm sorry for the good thread gone bad. (At least when I screwed this up, there was no smoke!!!)

Ed - I'll see what I can do. (I wonder if the wayback machine on the web can give me the pics back.)
    edgobb
    edgobb

VTA PH16X Build Thread (With SP14 to Follow) - Page 2 Empty PICS RESTORED!!!

Post by edgobb Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:21 pm

Hi all!

I restored the pics.  I had some adjustment to do as that ALL were upside down when they appeared in the posts but they are there.

Please let me know if there are some that are oddly shaped that I may have missed.

I was great to revisit that build, and go through the pics of when I built my SP14 also. I have a great time building that and it sounds GREAT.

I'm still adjusting the layout of my listening room in my new house to get it to sound better and I also just TODAY ordered a VPI Super Prime Scout (from Upscale Audio) with a Sumiko Amethyst cart so that my TT is up to the level of the rest of my system.  Then I can start rolling all of the tubes that I spent my wife's money on.

*I wonder what Roy should take my money to have me build next.   santa

Take care everyone.....until the itch strikes again!

-Ed in West Michigan

VTA Dynaco MKIII Monoblocks  (Gold Lion KT-88 Outputs from Jim McShane, Mullard GZ-33 Rectifiers, Octal 6SN7 Version)
    VTA SP14 Preamp with Kozmo Remote Volume (6SN7 Octal Version)
    VTA PH16 Phono Stage
    (All 6SN7, 6X4, 12X4, & 6922 tubes NOS)
    Home Built Sunflower Speakers (Design by Paul Carmody)
    mijohn

VTA PH16X Build Thread (With SP14 to Follow) - Page 2 Empty Re: VTA PH16X Build Thread (With SP14 to Follow)

Post by mijohn Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:04 am

Ed, thanks restoring all the photos, it's an excellent thread for anyone constructing a PH16 and should be made a sticky!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:31 pm