The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Dynaco PAS

Dynaco PAS Empty Dynaco PAS

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Last edited by PeterCapo on Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:05 pm; edited 7 times in total
    WLT
    WLT

Dynaco PAS Empty Re: Dynaco PAS

Post by WLT Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:03 pm

Very nice work. The attention to detail is wonderful. And it looks very stock from the outside. I always liked PIO caps with carbon comp or carbon film resisters. This should sound great.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:38 pm

Last edited by PeterCapo on Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Gary Smith

Post by Gary Smith Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:45 am

Very nice work there sir! Congrats on the successful completion Smile

I am a little saddened by the tone control 'delete' however.... I have a PAS 2 myself, I did a complete cap replacement along with the selenium rectifier changeout and NOTHING MORE... I love the character of the LOUDNESS as well and run it with tone controls at 12pm., which is defeated just beyond that 12 O'Clock position of the 'GO' knob...

This drives a pair of Mark 3's with new coupling and powersupply quad cap changeout along with the DC rectifier upgrade and nothing more...

ALL were built at the Dynaco factory by the same tech back on November 8th, 1965 as dated by ink stamp on the chassis. They are nearly consecutively numbered as well..

They drive an ALL ORIGINAL pair of Klipschorns from 1967 (just new caps on the xover)... It all makes a HUGE yet warm sound! The speakers are 18'5 feet center to center, so there is plenty of breathing room. The seating area is 17' back... Room is tuned with AST sound treatment panels...

May you enjoy your new amplifier for many years to come !

.....Gary

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:13 pm