The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

Auto bias and ST35?

corndog71
    corndog71

Auto bias and ST35? Empty Auto bias and ST35?

Post by corndog71 Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:04 pm

Does anyone know if the auto bias board would work with an ST35?
    peterh
    peterh

Auto bias and ST35? Empty Re: Auto bias and ST35?

Post by peterh Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:05 am

corndog71 wrote:Does anyone know if the auto bias board would work with an ST35?
    No, and it won't add anything either since the st35 is auto-biasing by design.
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

Post by Roy Mottram Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:53 pm

best thing ever for the ST35 is the Gillispie EFB http://tronola.com/html/daves_store.html
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:08 pm

tubes4hifi wrote:best thing ever for the ST35 is the Gillispie EFB    http://tronola.com/html/daves_store.html

I would tend to agree that a separate Cap Board for either the SCA or ST 35 would be a good thing - and that the Gillespie device seems to be the clear quill. I am contemplating it, but there are too many things that need doing first.

At the same time my stock ST35 and stock PAS3X are playing as I type, and are averaging ~40 hours per week in the office. I listen more at work than at home - not a bad thing, but not typical. I feel privileged.
    corndog71
    corndog71

Post by corndog71 Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:16 pm

Yes, I've built a few variations of ST35's all with the EFB mod. I was just curious as I have the Auto-bias board but haven't installed it in anything yet.

I'm contemplating building a new ST35 (and / or another ST70... it never ends!) and just thought if it would work then it would be more user friendly for non-audiophiles. No big deal if it wouldn't work.
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:24 pm

corndog71 wrote:Yes, I've built a few variations of ST35's all with the EFB mod.  I was just curious as I have the Auto-bias board but haven't installed it in anything yet.  

I'm contemplating building a new ST35 (and / or another ST70... it never ends!)  and just thought if it would work then it would be more user friendly for non-audiophiles.  No big deal if it wouldn't work.

I received my ST35 via Denmark in trade for a quite rare radio (there, not here). It had not been used for years, and years, and, quite possibly years. For a small room and my AR Athena Sub-Sat system, it is remarkably adept.

I also have a complete transformer set from a donor SCA 35 carcass - rust, missing controls and burnt boards - but the trannies are fine. I am thinking of buying the 'other stuff' and making another ST version. So much to do, so little time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:32 pm