The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+5
pichacker
deepee99
New2Tubez
StevieRay
Peter W.
9 posters

Theoretical Question

Theoretical Question  - Page 2 Empty Re: Theoretical Question

Post by Guest Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:20 pm

Last edited by PeterCapo on Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:07 pm

PeterCapo wrote:I don't know how to make a clean hole like it would need, in a stainless steel chassis, but it sounds like a very fine idea running a parallel rectifier tube.  I suppose going forward the ST-120 and M125 chassis might be changed to include a second 5AR4, if there is room - this would make having the twin rectifiers practical for most buyers.  

Our local Home Depot rents these beasts for $35/day + a pretty massive deposit. But they do the trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiTVDnF3U20

The key is making the pilot hole - which need not be so neat. The system works from 1/2" to 2". More for the larger set - at a higher rent.
    10-E-C
    10-E-C

Post by 10-E-C Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:18 pm

PeterCapo wrote:
    10-E-C wrote:I've ran Mullard GZ-37 in my stock M125s for over 4 years without a hint of a problem. My wall voltage runs at 122.6 and I got it cranked down to 118.

That's fine, of course.  Unfortunate that they are pretty expensive, out-of-production and getting rarer, though.

I bought mine 4 1/2 years ago $160 for the pair. I think of it averaging out 20 bucks a year so far and how long they last is unknown.

TM

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:18 pm