The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+5
Roy Mottram
Bob Latino
peterh
bluemeanies
LeGrace
9 posters

AB for M125?

LeGrace
    LeGrace

AB for M125? - Page 2 Empty Re: AB for M125?

Post by LeGrace Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:43 pm

Both amps are converted and operating well. Definitely not missing those manual trim pots! Once I switched to attaching wires to the top of the board the installation process became a lot easier.

I read about some of the early issues with these boards but the new Ver 2 clearly addresses those.

Interesting what you find when you open up your amps after a couple years. In my case a noticeably domed cap and a couple burnt resistors. Besides the upgrade it was definitely time for a tune up!
    LeGrace
    LeGrace

Post by LeGrace Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:49 pm

Well with a couple weeks under the belt I can state that I am really liking these AB boards. The daily tedium of bias checking and adjustment is quickly fading into a bad memory. Unlike BAB (Before AB) the bias is always dead on now, and I mean dead on. Each day reading across tubes is exactly the same as previous day, within 0.001 V, incredible. Installing them was well worth the effort. There is an adjacent benefit as well in more consistent sound quality.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:32 pm

Knock on wood - 10 years w/M125s - no bias issues.
    LeGrace
    LeGrace

Post by LeGrace Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:44 am

costerdock wrote:Knock on wood - 10 years w/M125s - no bias issues.

Nice track record. You must have been at the front on the line when these came out?
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:22 am

LeGrace wrote:Well with a couple weeks under the belt I can state that I am really liking these AB boards. The daily tedium of bias checking and adjustment is quickly fading into a bad memory. Unlike BAB (Before AB) the bias is always dead on now, and I mean dead on. Each day reading across tubes is exactly the same as previous day, within 0.001 V, incredible. Installing them was well worth the effort. There is an adjacent benefit as well in more consistent sound quality.
    After all the sturm and drang of yesteryear, it's encouraging to see LeGace having such success and dominion over the restrained electron.
    LeGrace
    LeGrace

Post by LeGrace Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:50 am

Nothing worse then an unrestrained electron! It is nice just flipping them on now and no longer worrying what the bias is doing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:35 pm