The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

Solid State Rectifier and Driver Tubes

Kramer
    Kramer

Solid State Rectifier and Driver Tubes Empty Solid State Rectifier and Driver Tubes

Post by Kramer Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:35 am

I have been trying to figure out if I should have the TDR board in my amp bit cant seem to find an answer to my question. I use a solid state rectifier and have the auto bias board installed so I know my power tubes already have a slowed start. Do I risk prematurely wearing out the driver board tubes using SS rectification without the TDR board?

Solid State Rectifier and Driver Tubes Empty Re: Solid State Rectifier and Driver Tubes

Post by Guest Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:04 am

if you have an auto bias module installed in your amp, do not use a TDR, as it is not compatible with the delay time required for the auto bias module.
    And no, there is no risk of prematurely wearing out your driver tubes with a solid state rectifier.
    Kramer
    Kramer

Solid State Rectifier and Driver Tubes Empty Re: Solid State Rectifier and Driver Tubes

Post by Kramer Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:17 am

erhard-audio wrote:if you have an auto bias module installed in your amp, do not use a TDR, as it is not compatible with the delay time required for the auto bias module.
    And no, there is no risk of prematurely wearing out your driver tubes with a solid state rectifier.

Thank you

Njrob likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:13 pm