The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Distortion/noise on newly modded PAS3

fromans4

Distortion/noise on newly modded PAS3 Empty Distortion/noise on newly modded PAS3

Post by fromans4 Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:38 pm

I recently purchased and installed the SP6-PAS3-Z kit. For the most part things are working well and I am continuing with my burn-in process. I have noticed kind of a distorted hiss comming from the left channel that I can only here when either nothing is playing or the program material is very low in volume. This noise is not present on the right channel. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the cause of this?

I can send pictures if you think it would help.

Thanks,
    Brent
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Distortion/noise on newly modded PAS3 Empty Re: Distortion/noise on newly modded PAS3

Post by Bob Latino Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:53 pm

fromans4 wrote:I recently purchased and installed the SP6-PAS3-Z kit. For the most part things are working well and I am continuing with my burn-in process. I have noticed kind of a distorted hiss comming from the left channel that I can only here when either nothing is playing or the program material is very low in volume. This noise is not present on the right channel. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the cause of this?

I can send pictures if you think it would help.

Thanks,
    Brent

Brent,

Have you swapped tubes between channels or tried a different set of tubes in the left channel ? "Hiss" can be a simple tube issue ...

Bob
    fromans4

Distortion/noise on newly modded PAS3 Empty Re: Distortion/noise on newly modded PAS3

Post by fromans4 Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:59 am

OK, I swapped the tubes on PC5 and the hiss stayed on the left side. This rules out a problem with the tubes, so what else could be the problem?
    fromans4

Post by fromans4 Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:16 am

Seems to me this has to be some sort of problem on the PC5 board itself. So I am going to start by re-heating all of the solder joints on PC5 just to make sure they are solid.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:41 pm