The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

Variac Issue?

Variac Issue? Empty Variac Issue?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:55 pm

Put my ST-120 on and it blew the Variac fuse, put a new fuse in the Variac, put the amp on, blew it out again. The fuse on the amp is good, any idea whats going on?
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Variac Issue? Empty Re: Variac Issue?

Post by Bob Latino Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:29 pm

music wrote:Put my ST-120 on and it blew the Variac fuse, put a new fuse in the Variac, put the amp on, blew it out again. The fuse on the amp is good, any idea whats going on?

Try a new rectifier tube in the amp ..

Bob

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:01 pm

Bob Latino wrote:
    music wrote:Put my ST-120 on and it blew the Variac fuse, put a new fuse in the Variac, put the amp on, blew it out again. The fuse on the amp is good, any idea whats going on?

Try a new rectifier tube in the amp .. I removed the rectifier tube, then turned the amp on, the tubes lit up, then I shut down the amp, and put the rectifier tube back in , turned the amp on and observed sparks at the base of the tube and immediately shut down the amp.

Bob

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:27 am