The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Audio Forums

shermanaudio

Audio Forums Empty Audio Forums

Post by shermanaudio Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:42 pm

I typically remain clear of forums, and seek the refuge and safe haven of direct communication with the folks that reach to me for help on my Pro-Bono web pages.

My only skin in the game is the satisfaction I feel when helping others who regularly reach out to me.

My decades of hand-on experiences and million dollars of sophisticated electronic equipment I have enjoyed and have had the privilege to work on have exposed me to fixing stuff from the US Navy Submarine Systems that transmit on 20 KHz to tugboats when the Subs are submerged, to our cherished PAS3 Preamps.

Since 1996, my website has helped out literally hundreds of people across the world, in many countries, by simply giving away my time and energy for free.

This was evident to me when once I visited Brussels on a Business Trip, posted on Audio Asylum (now that is a strange Forum) and was invited for Dinner at the home of an Audio Enthusiast, who thanked me for my website and the good will I created. How often does that happen to the know-it-alls? I bet every other week according to the responses I am getting.

But, I feared that posting again on another forum after being away for years, was going to attract the same attitudes and responses that are counter-productive, opinionated and basically lacking in basic courtesy.

As if I has never ever replaced a burned out component, fixed a Tube Amp or by just looking at a PC board for 30 minutes under a bright light, found the problem without warming up a Soldering Iron. This is humility.

Unfortunately, my troubleshooting suggestions, insights and value are creating the opposite reaction here, that in my mind, is just more of the Forum Hate that is free and all over the Internet.

I contribute and participate for fun and do these things for fun, not to impress, to help.

But as they sometimes suggest "bow out gracefully", and as one philosopher stated "The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know"

Audio Forums Empty Re: Audio Forums

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:36 pm

Last edited by PeterCapo on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
    corndog71
    corndog71

Post by corndog71 Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:34 am

Have this seen or tried Dave Gillespie's EFB circuit in your ST35?  It may help your tubes last a bit longer.

This is for the SCA-35 but the same changes can be made for the ST35.  I've used it in multiple builds and have had no problems.

http://tronola.com/html/a_new_look.html

He even sells PCBs for this. http://tronola.com/html/dave-s_lab.html
    MechEngVic
    MechEngVic

Post by MechEngVic Thu May 14, 2020 1:33 am

shermanaudio wrote:I typically remain clear of forums, and seek the refuge and safe haven of direct communication with the folks that reach to me for help on my Pro-Bono web pages.

My only skin in the game is the satisfaction I feel when helping others who regularly reach out to me.

My decades of hand-on experiences and million dollars of sophisticated electronic equipment I have enjoyed and have had the privilege to work on have exposed me to fixing stuff from the US Navy Submarine Systems that transmit on 20 KHz to tugboats when the Subs are submerged, to our cherished PAS3 Preamps.

Since 1996, my website has helped out literally hundreds of people across the world, in many countries, by simply giving away my time and energy for free.

This was evident to me when once I visited Brussels on a Business Trip, posted on Audio Asylum (now that is a strange Forum) and was invited for Dinner at the home of an Audio Enthusiast, who thanked me for my website and the good will I created. How often does that happen to the know-it-alls? I bet every other week according to the responses I am getting.

But, I feared that posting again on another forum after being away for years, was going to attract the same attitudes and responses that are counter-productive, opinionated and basically lacking in basic courtesy.

As if I has never ever replaced a burned out component, fixed a Tube Amp or by just looking at a PC board for 30 minutes under a bright light, found the problem without warming up a Soldering Iron. This is humility.

Unfortunately, my troubleshooting suggestions, insights and value are creating the opposite reaction here, that in my mind, is just more of the Forum Hate that is free and all over the Internet.

I contribute and participate for fun and do these things for fun, not to impress, to help.

But as they sometimes suggest "bow out gracefully", and as one philosopher stated "The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know"

When you put your knowledge out there, it's like the seeds in the Bible: Some falls on good ground, and some are criticized by people who like to criticize. Just trust that when you do put it out there, it WILL help some.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:14 pm