The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

PAS 3X Dynaco

WPFW893FM

PAS 3X Dynaco  Empty PAS 3X Dynaco

Post by WPFW893FM Sat May 16, 2020 12:02 pm

I am looking at the inside of a PAS 3X So far I have taken some pictures and am thinking about how to best restore some of its possible problems and just keep it going. Saw a board for replacing the cans just looking for peoples experience and ideas.  Believe Triode Electronics does the board Sure others have it or similar.? Leave it at that for now. Do not know how to post my pics yet or I would.

PAS 3X Dynaco  Empty Re: PAS 3X Dynaco

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Last edited by PeterCapo on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    peterh
    peterh

Post by peterh Sat May 16, 2020 1:49 pm

PeterCapo wrote:If you are referring to a "cap board" that replaces the quad section capacitor as well as the filament supply, yes they perform well.  Trouble is, they can be difficult to get installed and working well.  It has a number of parts that would need to be assembled and then wiring it in could result in problems.  It is more straightforward to install a new quad section capacitor, if you really need one.

What kind of problems are you having with your PAS-3X?  Are you sure it is a PAS-3X you have and not a PAS-3?  This document will help to sort that out: http://www.audioregenesis.com/documents/Dynaco%20PAS%203%20or%203X.pdf
    Or get one of the ready made boards if you find it difficult to assemble one.
    Benefits of these boards is that :
    - costs less then a new quadcap
    - it also replaces se rectifier and it capacitors
    The end result for future generations is that all caps are ordinary boardmounted
    types widely avaliable and no special versions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:22 am