The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

5 posters

How to get DeOxit into Driver Tube Sockets?

Hops

How to get DeOxit into Driver Tube Sockets? Empty How to get DeOxit into Driver Tube Sockets?

Post by Hops Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:00 pm

I had a 6550 flash on my VTA-120;  I had another amp handy,  so I kind of procrastinated on fixing the VTA-120.   I replaced the resistor the tube took out also;  a fresh set of power tubes,   a clear driver board cover ( looks nice,   keeps peoples fingers away from the voltage ),  and  a grounded power cord ( parts express sells a nice one fairly cheaply ).   Took out the WS-1T copper top and put back in a Tung Sol  Rectifier.   Since I pulled all the tubes to do this work,  I decided to check pin tension, and clean them with some DeoxIT D5.   Pipe Cleaners worked great on the power tube sockets and the rectifier socket.   Couldn't come up with anything that I could wet with Deoxit and clean the driver tube sockets.   Ended up just wetting the driver tube pins with Deoxit and shoving them into the sockets.     Anyone have any good ideas for getting Deoxit into driver tube sockets?
    mijohn

How to get DeOxit into Driver Tube Sockets? Empty Re: How to get DeOxit into Driver Tube Sockets?

Post by mijohn Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:38 pm

Pipe cleaners dipped in Deoxit work well. You can buy them on Amazon.

How to get DeOxit into Driver Tube Sockets? Mp862-11

MarcVBelgium, DavidR and MechEngVic like this post

Jim McShane

How to get DeOxit into Driver Tube Sockets? Empty Re: How to get DeOxit into Driver Tube Sockets?

Post by Jim McShane Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:56 pm

Check out my FAQ on the Audio Asylum site: https://www.audioasylum.com/audio/tubes/messages/25/253369.html

Item #1 in the post deals with socket cleaning - both octal and 9 pin.

MechEngVic and smoorenc like this post

MechEngVic
    MechEngVic

Post by MechEngVic Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:36 pm

Jim McShane wrote:Check out my FAQ on the Audio Asylum site: https://www.audioasylum.com/audio/tubes/messages/25/253369.html

Item #1 in the post deals with socket cleaning - both octal and 9 pin.

Great info in a compact easy to read/reference format. Thanks Jim!
    Brap
    Brap

Post by Brap Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:23 pm

I use the spiral brush toothpicks- they work well

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:57 pm