The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Two turntables into VTA PH 15? Roy?

Dave_in_Va
    Dave_in_Va

Two turntables into VTA PH 15? Roy? Empty Two turntables into VTA PH 15? Roy?

Post by Dave_in_Va Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:41 am

I was thinking about trying to run two turntables (long story, one would use a dedicated mono cartridge).

Would it be a good idea to run both tables into this:

https://tinyurl.com/1aq4ltw5

and a short high quality interconnect from the switch box to the phono preamp? Does anyone see any problems with this?

Thanks,
    Dave

Edit: Got an answer from Roy. He said it's probably okay.
    Dale Stevens

Two turntables into VTA PH 15? Roy? Empty Re: Two turntables into VTA PH 15? Roy?

Post by Dale Stevens Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:11 pm

Dave, sure that will work on the low level side; does seem a bit pricey to me. I did the same some time ago with 2 Thorens tables into a PAT 5 pre. You have a high-in system (thx for the invite) so keep all us posted on your upgrades. Dale
    Dave_in_Va
    Dave_in_Va

Two turntables into VTA PH 15? Roy? Empty Re: Two turntables into VTA PH 15? Roy?

Post by Dave_in_Va Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:57 pm

Got it all hooked up and it works just like it's supposed to. sunny
    Roy suggested just buying a couple of RCA jacks and a DPDT switch which would be neater but I doubted my ability to drill clean holes in my pretty PH 15.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:33 am