The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

Just bought a VTA ST 70

rotorcraft230

Just bought a VTA ST 70 Empty Just bought a VTA ST 70

Post by rotorcraft230 Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:11 pm

Hello everyone I just bought a Stereo 70 from Bob and got the cap and stepped attenuator I’ve mounted most of the components to the chassis and have started running the PT wires.  I’ve been building guitar tube amps and wanted something different.  This will be my 5th tube amp in 18 months.  I must say I’m liking this build very much.  Can’t post any pictures yet but will when I can.
    I have Tung sol EL34B for power, Tung Sol 12au7 3 of them and a Tung Sol 5ar4.  This is my first stereo tube amp but also I have never herd a tube amp for music, only tube amps I’ve herd are my son’s guitar playing.  He has 2 100w 2 50w and a 1w that he practices on daily.  Really excited for the build and to hear it for the first time.  I have Klipsch Heresy II for speakers
    Cheers
    Mark.

Dave_in_Va, Hops and Section1 like this post

Section1

Just bought a VTA ST 70 Empty Re: Just bought a VTA ST 70

Post by Section1 Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:53 pm

I'm sure you will be very happy with the amp. I know I have many hours of enjoyment listening to mine. Actually still enjoy the original Dynaco too but it doesn't get as much play time as I think the VTA sound a little better.

rotorcraft230 likes this post

ltusler

Post by ltusler Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:49 pm

You will enjoy the amp with the Hersey's. I built one and it runs the horns on my Jubilee's, plenty of power.

rotorcraft230 likes this post

New2Tubez

Post by New2Tubez Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:03 pm

Enjoy it and do the yellow sheet diode mod mentioned on this forum.

I have a pair of Chorus ll 1200 miles away. When we get past the plague, I'll go get 'em.
    Looking forward to that...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:55 am