The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Any chance we might ever see a Bob Latino SET kit?

Corona

Any chance we might ever see a Bob Latino SET kit? Empty Any chance we might ever see a Bob Latino SET kit?

Post by Corona Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:15 pm

Kind of a weird question, but lately I've really been wanting to try building a SET amp such as 300B or 2A3. I know there's another company that offers these, but I remember really enjoying my M125 build and think the Latino kits are very well done. A SET kit might be a big winner.
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Any chance we might ever see a Bob Latino SET kit? Empty Re: Any chance we might ever see a Bob Latino SET kit?

Post by Bob Latino Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:58 pm

Corona wrote:Kind of a weird question, but lately I've really been wanting to try building a SET amp such as 300B or 2A3.  I know there's another company that offers these, but I remember really enjoying my M125 build and think the Latino kits are very well done.  A SET kit might be a big winner.

In a single word > No .. Bottlehead does a good job with their SET kits .. If you want an SET kit, go over to the Bottlehead web site. Understand though  that these SET kits have limited power and do not really have enough power to drive lower efficiency speakers.

Bob

Corona and Tom Pickett like this post

Corona

Any chance we might ever see a Bob Latino SET kit? Empty Re: Any chance we might ever see a Bob Latino SET kit?

Post by Corona Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:23 pm

Bob Latino wrote:
    Corona wrote:Kind of a weird question, but lately I've really been wanting to try building a SET amp such as 300B or 2A3.  I know there's another company that offers these, but I remember really enjoying my M125 build and think the Latino kits are very well done.  A SET kit might be a big winner.

In a single word > No .. Bottlehead does a good job with their SET kits .. If you want an SET kit, go over to the Bottlehead web site. Understand though  that these SET kits have limited power and do not really have enough power to drive lower efficiency speakers.

Bob
    Thanks for the response, I'll probably check out the stereomoure 2a3 kit. I've had this weird craving to have a set amp for my little bedroom system.
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:54 pm

Bottlehead's Stereomour kit is over $1000 and is only 3 1/2 watts per channel. The VTA ST-70 amp is $769 and has 35 watts per channel, (10X more power) and will take up about the same amount of space in your bedroom system. The VTA ST-70 is a better deal .. The VTA ST-70 also has a stainless steel chassis vs. an aluminum plate on a wood frame for the Stereomour.

Bob

Tom Pickett likes this post

Tom Pickett
    Tom Pickett

Post by Tom Pickett Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:10 am

Bob Latino wrote:Bottlehead's Stereomour kit is over $1000 and is only 3 1/2 watts per channel. The VTA ST-70 amp is $769 and has 35 watts per channel, (10X more power) and will take up about the same amount of space in your bedroom system. The VTA ST-70 is a better deal .. The VTA ST-70 also has a stainless steel chassis vs. an aluminum plate on a wood frame for the Stereomour.

Bob

Ohhhh My Bob.... I just went and looked at the Kaiju 300B Amplifier Kit..... Yes... it's pretty.... but it's not that pretty for 8W at $1,849.00 – $2,024.00 lol !
    That's $253.00 per/2 watts RL or $126.50 per/1 watt per/ch.... No Thank You.

Kaiju 300B Amplifier Kit: https://bottlehead.com/product/kaiju-300b-amplifier-kit/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:36 am