The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

One important lesson I learned about electronics.

Tom Pickett
    Tom Pickett

One important lesson I learned about electronics. Empty One important lesson I learned about electronics.

Post by Tom Pickett Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:27 pm

One important lesson I learned about electronics.

When I began college back in 1983 working on my Bachelors and then shortly later on my Masters in Electronics and Computer Science we had an old radio communications officer out of the military that was our teacher and/or instructor.

The very first lesson we learned from him was when you're working on electronic equipment always wear a good pair of rubber soled insulated shoes and never put one hand on the metal chassis while you're working with the other hand inside the chassis. Always keep one hand behind your back while you're working with the other hand inside the chassis.

I remember a few times when we were working on electronic equipment he would catch a few students doing exactly what he told them not to do and he walked up and slapped them up beside the forehead saying "Get your hands off that chassis !!!!

Believe me, after you have been bitten a few times by high-voltage you understand clearly what that old communications military officer meant and you understood why. lol 😂

10-E-C, DavidR and Section1 like this post

Brap
    Brap

One important lesson I learned about electronics. Empty Re: One important lesson I learned about electronics.

Post by Brap Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:57 am

Take your watch and ring off too..................

Tom Pickett likes this post

Tom Pickett
    Tom Pickett

One important lesson I learned about electronics. Empty Re: One important lesson I learned about electronics.

Post by Tom Pickett Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:59 am

Brap wrote:Take your watch and ring off too..................

That was our 2nd lesson lol  One important lesson I learned about electronics. 1f602
    Tom Pickett
    Tom Pickett

Post by Tom Pickett Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:10 pm

The first chapter in class was work safty and nothing else ! That first chapter was the most important because it would save your life a keep you from doing something stupid !  lol

Another thing about high-voltage... It is invisible and you can't see it and it doesn't discriminate !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:47 pm