The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

5 posters

online preamps?

edman44

online preamps? Empty online preamps?

Post by edman44 Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:36 pm

Hello,
               Since I don't have a preamp right now for my VTA-ST120 amp. I have been using my computer and an online pc equalizer to run my amp. Along with a headphone tube preamp, It's not the best. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is an online preamp I could download to use with the VTA-ST120? Thanks,
    corndog71
    corndog71

online preamps? Empty Re: online preamps?

Post by corndog71 Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:13 pm

I would recommend a real analog preamp over any digital preamp.

ttocs
    ttocs

Post by ttocs Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:21 pm

Do you have an OPPO player? They can be connected directly to amps and used as a pre.
    edman44

Post by edman44 Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:20 am

Thanks, Guys I hate to sound dumb here but not sure what you mean by an OPPO player?
    Dave_in_Va
    Dave_in_Va

Post by Dave_in_Va Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:34 am

Oppo is a brand of CD/DVD/Blu-ray player.

I would recommend saving up and getting an SP14.

http://tubes4hifi.com/SP14.htm

rustybutt likes this post

edman44

Post by edman44 Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:27 pm

Sorry for not understanding, I really like the looks of the VTA SP14 preamp. You see I am on Disability due to having spine and back surgery. I thought from the way the surgeon talked to me that he would be the right person for the surgery. Well, it turned out not to be true far from it. I went by the personality and charm. I will never do that again. So it will be sometime before I can afford that one. Not that I would not love to have one. Sure bet it would sound fantastic with my VTA-ST120 Have Mercy maybe one day soon. To tell the truth I have never had a preamp. I bet it sure sounds better than the tube headphone preamp I am using right now lol. Sometimes it gets real loud and you can't understand it and I need to turn off the volume and turn it back on so it sounds right lol. I almost forgot I do have a Realistic DVD-CD blue ray player. Are you saying to use that for now?
    Tube Nube
    Tube Nube

Post by Tube Nube Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:33 pm

Hey Edman,

Sorry to read about your back problems. Of course I don't know the details and wouldn't pry, but for what it's worth, I've heard that back surgeries often turn out worse than expected / promised. A client of mine was confidently told that his surgery, if it failed, would leave him no worse off. So he thought "well, nothing to lose then." I think we're now 3 or 4 years post-surgery. He hasn't been able to work a day (at his desk job) since. He's diligent at doing his physiotherapy, the recommended exercises and stretches, etc etc.

Did you get your pre-amp situation solved?

Regards,
    Brenton

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:09 pm