The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Use SDS Labs PASCapboard w/ VTA's PAS3-Z upgrade Kit

pwsnyder

Use SDS Labs PASCapboard w/ VTA's PAS3-Z upgrade Kit Empty Use SDS Labs PASCapboard w/ VTA's PAS3-Z upgrade Kit

Post by pwsnyder Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:32 am

I've purchased Roy Mottram's (VTA's) PAS3-Z kit for use with my Dyna Pas3 chassis and PS211 transformer. I want to use the SDS PasCapboard II supply board/kit (filament rectifiers on-board, larger diameter caps. possible and easy switch from solid state to tube rectifier input) to work with VTA's circuit. However, I lack the engineering background to calculate resistor values/wattages to deliver the required 320 volts to the PC-5Z and PC-6Z boards. The SDS board kit arrived with resistor values for the different B+ voltages required by the original PAS3 boards. Can anyone help me? (I would have provided/attached the schematics for the SDS and VTA boards - but I haven't figure out a way to do that.) Thanks everyone.

Pete
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

Use SDS Labs PASCapboard w/ VTA's PAS3-Z upgrade Kit Empty Re: Use SDS Labs PASCapboard w/ VTA's PAS3-Z upgrade Kit

Post by Roy Mottram Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:43 am

why would you want to add the SDS power supply when the PAS3-Z kit already comes with a power supply? The boards are nearly similar . . .
    Doing the calcs is easy, send me an email so I can try to figure out why you need two similar power supplys
    info@tubes4hifi.com www.tubes4hifi.com

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:20 am