The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+4
wildiowa
New2Tubez
cci1492
Bob Latino
8 posters

The Western Electric plant in Rossville, GA USA will be starting to make tubes again.

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

The Western Electric plant in Rossville, GA USA will be starting to make tubes again. Empty The Western Electric plant in Rossville, GA USA will be starting to make tubes again.

Post by Bob Latino Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:25 am

The old Western Electric plant in Rossville, GA, USA will be selling amps soon and making tubes again. You can now place a pre-order on their new amps and preamps at the link below.

Western Electric products

Also check out their main web page that has a lot of information and photos. Right now they are only making a 300B tubes but they may expand their production to other tubes needed by Dynaco type amps ?

Western Electric home page

Bob

cci1492 and DavidR like this post

cci1492
    cci1492

The Western Electric plant in Rossville, GA USA will be starting to make tubes again. Empty Re: The Western Electric plant in Rossville, GA USA will be starting to make tubes again.

Post by cci1492 Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:52 pm

Time for a VTA that uses the 300B vacuum tube Smile
    New2Tubez

The Western Electric plant in Rossville, GA USA will be starting to make tubes again. Empty Re: The Western Electric plant in Rossville, GA USA will be starting to make tubes again.

Post by New2Tubez Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:19 pm

cci1492 wrote: Time for a VTA that uses the 300B vacuum tube :)

At $699 each and $3100 for a matched quad, I sure that amp would sell like hotcakes.

I requested (on their form) 12AU7's, 12BH7, KT120's and a sturdy rectifier. It doesn't hurt to ask and they put feelers out.
    I also mentioned them reaching out to Roy. The VTA board's been around for so long, he may have some useful insight.

If good NOS is precious and finite, maybe high quality new production is another way to go. I also let them know this is a hobby I'd like to get my kids into so affordability would be nice.

If it doesn't work out, we can always do it like glass slinger (YouTube)...
    wildiowa

Post by wildiowa Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:15 am

i was a newspaper reporter in my day, and I must say the narrative accompanying the Monoblock amp was some of the most overblown, tedious and patronizing copy I have read in a long time! I suppose in their attempt to sound highbrow and upscale some marketing twit came up with a big list of buzzwords, wow! sounding descriptions and ego massaging, but, really! It did sound like they tried to get up to speed on functions and audio but jeez...that was some over the top stuff. So, it must be worth big $$...to the discriminating listener! Sounded a bit like the old Lincoln or Cadillac ad copy in the 50's and 60's!
    buchela

Post by buchela Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:14 pm

GEEEZZ, the monoblocks are only $124,999.00, not even $125K. I'm going to buy a pile of them !!!.

Bob Latino and cci1492 like this post

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:29 pm

I was all set to buy a pair while I was clutching my credit card with trembling hands. Should I, or shouldn’t I? I read the specs more thoroughly and noticed there were 4 and 8 ohm taps only - no 16 ohm. Well, that’s what I need, so the deal is off the table.
    tubey1

Post by tubey1 Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:42 pm

$125K ! that must be in pecos? Hardly think there worth $12K even though they are 165Lbs. If they did make some tubes for the Dynaco I'd be a little frightened to see the price. 300B tube at $700 each (new gold lions are going for about $225 each)

thevic24 likes this post

StevieRay

Post by StevieRay Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:56 am

But the Western Electric 300B has a 5 year warranty, I believe.

The Gold Lion is a 90-day warranty….
    Gabriel

Post by Gabriel Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:16 pm

Hi

It’s all about the name. Western Electric gives it prestige..lol
    I doubt there is $125k of component# and workmanship that’s gone 8nto building the moniblickes.
    Mind you, the 913e? At $15k it seems to be good value.
    If I had my superannuation, I would not hesitate. Lol

“Carefully selected 12ax7” these two words probably adds a few thousand to the price! Lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:05 am