The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Coupling caps for 6SN7 driver board question

Telescope12

Coupling caps for 6SN7 driver board question Empty Coupling caps for 6SN7 driver board question

Post by Telescope12 Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:37 am

I'm upgrading my board to the 6SN7 version and I would like to pre order a few parts. I've downloaded a schematic and the coupling caps are listed as 0.33uf. However, the picture on the website clearly shows a 0.22uf cap installed on the board.

Which uf value coupling cap would I need to preorder?

Is there an updated schematic I can use so I can order the correct parts?

Thanks
    Charles
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Coupling caps for 6SN7 driver board question Empty Re: Coupling caps for 6SN7 driver board question

Post by Bob Latino Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:43 pm

Telescope12 wrote:I'm upgrading my board to the 6SN7 version and I would like to pre order a few parts. I've downloaded a schematic and the coupling caps are listed as 0.33uf. However, the picture on the website clearly shows a 0.22uf cap installed on the board.

Which uf value coupling cap would I need to preorder?

Is there an updated schematic I can use so I can order the correct parts?

Thanks
    Charles

Charles,

You can use either .22 or .33 uF caps of at least 400 voltage rating. 630 volt rated .22 or .33 uF caps will also work OK.

Bob

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 pm