The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

I have a pair of Dynaco original Mark IV's. One is dead. The other is playing but.....

ng8264723

I have a pair of Dynaco original Mark IV's.  One is dead.  The other is playing but..... Empty I have a pair of Dynaco original Mark IV's. One is dead. The other is playing but.....

Post by ng8264723 Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:55 pm

The one that works is playing music but occasionally blows fuses. I am running KT88 tubes. The one that is down has no voltage on the bias. All the tubes are heating up but no sound. I switched one tube at a time from the good amp and the dead amp lit the tubes but still no sound. I live in Leominster Ma. Is there anyone near me that would be willing to work on them? I can do some testing if anyone has a recommendation
    Big Harry

I have a pair of Dynaco original Mark IV's.  One is dead.  The other is playing but..... Empty Re: I have a pair of Dynaco original Mark IV's. One is dead. The other is playing but.....

Post by Big Harry Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:02 pm

If your amps have not been recapped, all of the tubes and resistors have been tested along with replacing the selenium rectifier in the bias circuit, there can be a bunch of problems in both amps that will need to be addressed. There is also the possibility that the power transformer or output transformer has failed. If your good amp is blowing fuses, you have a problem with that one also which will require a major service to make it reliable. I would be happy to service your amps, but I'm in Kingman, Arizona which would require shipping your amps to me. If you're interested, send me a PM.
    WLT
    WLT

I have a pair of Dynaco original Mark IV's.  One is dead.  The other is playing but..... Empty Re: I have a pair of Dynaco original Mark IV's. One is dead. The other is playing but.....

Post by WLT Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:50 am

Another option to think about. I restore Dynaco vintage amps to original specs and layout. I am in Rochester NY which is not close but is derivable. I just checked and it is almost a 6 hour drive. If you are interested I could give you some references and we could have phone call to discuss options and associated costs. For sure we can have a phone call to talk you thru some testing you perform. It would verify if you have a major failure of one of the transformers. Send me a PM if interested. A recent photo of my MK IVs with new caps and resisters.

I have a pair of Dynaco original Mark IV's.  One is dead.  The other is playing but..... Circui10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:21 am