The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Wattage of 10 ohm bias sensing resistors.

Viridian2

Wattage of 10 ohm bias sensing resistors. Empty Wattage of 10 ohm bias sensing resistors.

Post by Viridian2 Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:21 pm

Happy holidays to all. I am putting together a ST70, and a pair of MK3s. Can someone please suggest the correct wattage for the 10 ohm bias sensing resistors?Thanks in advance for the guidance.
    peterh
    peterh

Wattage of 10 ohm bias sensing resistors. Empty Re: Wattage of 10 ohm bias sensing resistors.

Post by peterh Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:32 pm

Viridian2 wrote:Happy holidays to all. I am putting together a ST70, and a pair of MK3s. Can someone please suggest the correct wattage for the 10 ohm bias sensing resistors?Thanks in advance for the guidance.

1/4 w will do just fine. They have a dual function : be something to measure voltage across ( your bias setting) and "blow off" in case if flash over in a tube. This blow off will protect output transformer in case of a shorted or flash over tube.

( 0.5v x 50mA = 0.025w )
    Viridian2

Wattage of 10 ohm bias sensing resistors. Empty Re: Wattage of 10 ohm bias sensing resistors.

Post by Viridian2 Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:52 pm

Mr. H, thanks very much for the guidance. Exactly why I asked, had a feeling they had a fuse type function as well. Off to Mouser to book my order. Thanks again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:51 pm