The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Remember This Book

jwb474

Remember This Book Empty Remember This Book

Post by jwb474 Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:49 pm

While unpacking from my recent move I came across this book that I bought new in 1988. Some of the prices for gear was up there back in 1988. Wonder what they would be today. Wonder how the info in the book would stand up today.

Remember This Book The_va11 Remember This Book Vtl_of11

Tubes4ever and ichal like this post

Big Harry

Remember This Book Empty Re: Remember This Book

Post by Big Harry Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:10 pm

I don't have that exact book, but I do have another book from VTL/Manley labs. I probably bought it around 1989 or 1990.
    lemsteraak

Post by lemsteraak Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:31 pm

I met David in the late '90s and he was just like you would think from his book, very opinionated, sure of himself, and quite irreverent, sitting in a smokey bar with a drink and cigarette dangling from his lip, on a side street in Paris. He seemed to be hiding from the world having escaped from California leaving a couple successful tube amplifier labs in his wake.
    jwb474

Post by jwb474 Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:40 pm

lemsteraak wrote:I met David in the late '90s and he was just like you would think from his book, very opinionated, sure of himself, and quite irreverent, sitting in a smokey bar with a drink and cigarette dangling from his lip, on a side street in Paris.  He seemed to be hiding from the world having escaped from California leaving a couple successful tube amplifier labs in his wake.

That's certainly interesting. I haven't met very many or the audio guys that made companies. I did meet Paul Klipsch back in the day when I visited the Klipsch's factory and museum. He is a described, so interesting.
    I also met Mark Schifter who formed AV123. He was a really nice guy-apparently, In 2010 he was indited by a grand jury for charity fraud. I still have several of the speakers AV123 sold.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:46 am