The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

How to clean an ST-70 / ST-120

mantha3
    mantha3

How to clean an ST-70 / ST-120 Empty How to clean an ST-70 / ST-120

Post by mantha3 Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:16 pm

I have a new ST-120 that I just built. I built this on a table with a towel so it didn't get scratched. I have fingerprints all over the stainless and black high temp painted transformers. Just smudges from loving it around during the build.

What do people use to clean these? Windex or something? Not spray it on the amp... Perhaps get a soft cotton rag/old t-Shirt and get a little windex on it and wipe stuff off...

Luddite
    Luddite

How to clean an ST-70 / ST-120 Empty Re: How to clean an ST-70 / ST-120

Post by Luddite Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:03 pm

mantha3 wrote:I have a new ST-120 that I just built. I built this on a table with a towel so it didn't get scratched. I have fingerprints all over the stainless and black high temp painted transformers. Just smudges from loving it around during the build.

What do people use to clean these? Windex or something? Not spray it on the amp... Perhaps get a soft cotton rag/old t-Shirt and get a little windex on it and wipe stuff off...

I've used a silicone gun cleaning cloth before with good success. These are readily available at gun dealers or sporting goods store that carry guns (probably could be found at hardware stores, too).

Best Regards,
    Charlie

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:21 am