The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Small brown PAS-2 knobs have gotten even rarer

j beede
    j beede

Small brown PAS-2 knobs have gotten even rarer Empty Small brown PAS-2 knobs have gotten even rarer

Post by j beede Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:24 pm

My Mark III restoration project is about done and it's time to move on to the PAS-2 restoration. I was very happy to find some (rare) small brown knobs to replace the two missing ones on my preamp. The bad news is that the small brown knobs come in (at least) two colors; medium brown and dark brown. Maybe they start out medium brown and darken with age? Hey, just about anything's possible! I either need to learn how to darken the medium knobs or swap my mediums for your dark ones. Anyone have mismatched knobs on their PAS-2? Maybe we can help each other out.
    ...j
    edgobb
    edgobb

Small brown PAS-2 knobs have gotten even rarer Empty Re: Small brown PAS-2 knobs have gotten even rarer

Post by edgobb Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:50 pm

I have one mismatched knob on one of mine, but I'm in the same situation as you. I need to trade it in for a darker one.

I found a lady that has some knobs in Maryland. I just bought a large knob and I think that she has some smaller ones that are dark brown.

PM me and I'll give you her email addy. I don't want to put it on the forum.

Ed

j beede
    j beede

Small brown PAS-2 knobs have gotten even rarer Empty Re: Small brown PAS-2 knobs have gotten even rarer

Post by j beede Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:49 pm

Anyone have darks to trade for mediums?

Small brown PAS-2 knobs have gotten even rarer PAS-2knobs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:53 am