The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

Need recommendation on Mark III RCA jack

j beede
    j beede

Need recommendation on Mark III RCA jack Empty Need recommendation on Mark III RCA jack

Post by j beede Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:37 am

The outer ground contacts on my Mark III amps' RCA jacks are too small in diameter--presumably from age and wear. I find it curious that the audio output jacks on my PAS-2 (from the setup as the Mark IIIs) are fine and fit modern RCA cables just fine. What is the preferred solution for replacing the jacks on my Mark IIIs? OEM jacks from Dynakitparts? or a teflon insulated, modern, gold plated jack? What has worked well for you?
    ...j
    Sal
    Sal

Need recommendation on Mark III RCA jack Empty Re: Need recommendation on Mark III RCA jack

Post by Sal Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:38 am

Dynakitparts.com has what you need. Go to http://www.dynakitparts.com/store/product.aspx?id=14

Regards,
    Sal
    sandy
    sandy

Need recommendation on Mark III RCA jack Empty Re: Need recommendation on Mark III RCA jack

Post by sandy Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:21 am

I used the Dynakitparts ones as well, seem to fit like a charm!

Sandy
    j beede
    j beede

Post by j beede Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:05 pm

sandy wrote:I used the Dynakitparts ones as well, seem to fit like a charm!

Sandy

I'd rather not use the original style. I am going to pick up some new RCA jacks on the way home tonight. I haven't pulled the old jacks out yet, but it is clear from photos that they are not "normal" panel mount types. Form the photos the stock jacks look to be grounded via a metal contact strip on the circular mounting base. Any reason to not use modern threaded jacks? As I recall my ST-70-C3 used threaded jacks bolted tight to the chassis. I think the factory mounting screws/nuts still fit in their holes--serving no other purpose than to fill the holes.
    ...j
    mantha3
    mantha3

Post by mantha3 Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Can't hurt to surf the Parts Express sites or similar... Generic Gold Plated RCAs are solid...
    j beede
    j beede

Post by j beede Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:47 pm

With the ground loop issues that appeared along with my Mark IIIs I am being (overly) cautious when it comes to any changes that might alter ground paths Smile
    ...j

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:58 am