The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

5 posters

Newbie here - starting my Bob Latino M 125 Monoblock build

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Newbie here - starting my Bob Latino M 125 Monoblock build - Page 2 Empty Re: Newbie here - starting my Bob Latino M 125 Monoblock build

Post by Bob Latino Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:45 pm

Hi Chris,

Great photo of your system .. Glad to hear that your amps are running well after 3 years .. 90+% of the time ANY noise from the M-125's ARE from a driver tube especially the front (voltage amplifier) 12AU7/12BH7.

Bob

Newbie here - starting my Bob Latino M 125 Monoblock build - Page 2 Empty Re: Newbie here - starting my Bob Latino M 125 Monoblock build

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:07 pm

Yep - these are dead silent - thanks to Jim McShane and KCA - I'm running NOS RCA and GE BH7s. I have yet to swap out the KT88s from the originals - perhaps some day - but for now - I'm in sonic bliss.
    audiobill

Post by audiobill Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:47 pm

What are your guitars?

I have two ES-175's and two Telecasters!

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Hey Audiobill

American standard strat and a Seagull acoustic along with a BadCat amp that I bought as it reminds me of the VTA amps - high quality parts and build - extremely happy with the results.

Thanks
    audiobill

Post by audiobill Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:42 am

costerdock wrote:Hey Audiobill

American standard strat and a Seagull acoustic along with a BadCat amp that I  bought as it reminds me of the VTA amps - high quality parts and build - extremely happy with the results.

Thanks

Cool!
    kaner
    kaner

Post by kaner Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:21 pm

I'm a Les Paul guy but I am always on the lookout for an American Strat.  If you ever get the itch, you could build a guitar amp.  My first amp build was a VTA ST70.  It gave me the confidence to learn schematics / circuits and try to build other amps.  Since then I've built a Marshall 18W TMB and a Fender Tweed Deluxe.  They're both great amps but I can't help but play thru that Tweed.  I put a 1962 ALNiCo speaker in there and you can't beat that tone!  I've also built a little single ended 4 watt practice amp from an old reel to reel player.

My VTA ST-70 build opened a whole new world for me!
    audiobill

Post by audiobill Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:51 am

Tubes4hifi should build a guitar preamp for just this use!

Maybe tie into power and nfb from a VTA amp as needed.....

After all, Louie Louie was recorded on a Sunn produced Dynaco MK III !
    kaner
    kaner

Post by kaner Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:22 am

A met a guy that did exactly that.  I think his only mod was a 10 meg pot on the nfb to add distortion.  It sounded great.  He played that into a DIY spinning Leslie speaker for a David Gilmour type sound.  He also added an attenuator to bring the volume down so he did't drown out the rest of the band.  And yes, it was a VTA board in the amp.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:53 am