The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

PAS Selector Switch Replacement

maninmac771

PAS Selector Switch Replacement  Empty PAS Selector Switch Replacement

Post by maninmac771 Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Having done a number of component replacements and upgrading to my PAS-2, I just got a 2-pole 6-position rotary switch (pictured below) hoping to replace the existing old and cumbersome one.

First of all, please bear with my ignorance, as I'm not really good at electronics. I've come across rotary switches/potentiometers with a lug as circled in the picture. What is the use of this lug? Is is for poisitoning/orientation?

Then, there are 14 terminals on the rear of the switch (as shown in the picture below)

and I do not have a clue as to their designation, i.e. which is terminal #1, which is #12, and which is #A/#C (the arrowed numbers are my guess only) when referring to the connection diagram shown below

Thanks very much for your help.

DynakitParts
    DynakitParts

PAS Selector Switch Replacement  Empty Selector Switch

Post by DynakitParts Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi,
    I guess Joe Curcio was not much help on this since he did not sell you this switch.

The "circled" tab is the locator pin as you suspected. Most modern rotary switches
    include this tab which corresponds with a panel hole to prevent the control from
    rotating. Assuming your installing this in an original PAS chassis...If so, just bend
    this tab back or cut it off since There are no locator holes in the original PAS front
    panel. The connections you note of (1) through (12) and (A) & (C) look correct to me.

Maybe Roy Mottram can comment on this?

Advise here on the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum is free of charge...No purchase necessary.

Happy Holidays,

Kevin

Luddite
    Luddite

PAS Selector Switch Replacement  Empty Re: PAS Selector Switch Replacement

Post by Luddite Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:05 am

BTW, there is one small typo on your diagram. Terminal (1) should be labeled "Special(R)" not "Special(L)".

Best Regards,
    Charlie
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

Post by Roy Mottram Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:49 am

the information on this page MIGHT help you
    www.tubes4hifi.com/selector.htm
    it's showing the same info you already have on your photo
    maninmac771

Post by maninmac771 Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:20 am

Thanks very much for the very useful info, especially tubes4hifi's. Happy holidays.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:39 pm