The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+9
quad
Luddite
anbitet66
j4570
Roy Mottram
SuperB
Bob Latino
burnedfingers
bktheking
13 posters

St-70 upgrades

GP49

St-70 upgrades - Page 3 Empty Re: St-70 upgrades

Post by GP49 Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:37 am

burnedfingers wrote:bktheking
    It is common practice to use the correct connector for the application...I would not dream of using an XLR connector for anything other than a mic or line connector just to make sure that something doesn't get plugged in where it shouldn't.

The best example of why NOT to use incorrect connectors: people who used to use regular household plugs/jacks on their SPEAKER WIRES for easy connect/disconnect.

Sooner or later the speaker got plugged into a wall outlet, and POOF!
    burnedfingers

Post by burnedfingers Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:06 pm

http://www.abbatron.com/index.php?cPath=29_78_47

This should get you some jacks to look at. They will be close to what I pictured. It appears that I purchased some left over stock from a local electronics shop that they discounted. The number I have on my box is 256 103 Jack and it doesn't seem to play.

Side note here* I used insulated washers on both sides of the chassis. If you laid out your hole centers at .750 then a common banana jack can be inserted into both the neg and positive jacks at the same time. One step further would be to make up a harness that plugs into your meter.
    Luddite
    Luddite

Post by Luddite Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:37 pm

burnedfingers wrote:http://www.abbatron.com/index.php?cPath=29_78_47

This should get you some jacks to look at. They will be close to what I pictured. It appears that I purchased some left over stock from a local electronics shop that they discounted. The number I have on my box is 256 103 Jack and it doesn't seem to play.

Side note here* I used insulated washers on both sides of the chassis. If you laid out your hole centers at .750 then a common banana jack can be inserted into both the neg and positive jacks at the same time. One step further would be to make up a harness that plugs into your meter.

BTW, the referenced page link is for "tip" jacks (very similar to what I suggested previously). Those will fit standard test probes. If you prefer to use "banana" jacks go to this page link:

http://www.abbatron.com/index.php?cPath=29_78_44

Best Regards,
    Charlie
    burnedfingers

Post by burnedfingers Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:47 am

St-70 upgrades - Page 3 C:\bias jacks\bias meter 002

To each his own but this is my setup on one of my amps. A cheap $2 meter that is accurated and banana jacks set on a .750 c-to-c and a standard banana jack with meter leads will slide right in. The advantage to this setup is the meter probe tips will not accidentally come out. Just my .02
    quad

Post by quad Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:18 am

Explain?

What they said...those meter type jacks are what I suggested to you to over on AK...

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=5312290&postcount=18

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:04 am