The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+2
Pat R.
Bob Latino
6 posters

HOW TO POST A PHOTO on the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

HOW TO POST A PHOTO on the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum Empty HOW TO POST A PHOTO on the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Post by Bob Latino Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:20 pm

I have had a number of inquiries recently about how to post one of your photos on our Dynaco Tube Audio Forum. Most forums can "host" (or store) your photo on site but since the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum is "free" forum, (It doesn't cost Roy (tube4hifi) or Kevin (Dynakitparts) or myself any monthly fee to have the forum) they don't allow us any storage space for photos, videos etc.

You CAN, however, post photos on our forum. To do so, you have to upload your photo to a web site that WILL host photos. Check out the free photo hosting sites below.

https://postimages.org/

https://imgbb.com/

http://imageshack.us/

Note - There are a number of other places that will host photos. Just Google "Free photo hosting"

When you want to make the photo come up on your forum post you hit the little SQUARE IMAGE button on the top of the reply box. You then copy the web address of your photo into the little IMAGE box that has a link symbol and hit OK. Next hit the Preview button on the bottom of the Reply box and your photo should come up in your post. If everything looks good, just hit the Send button and you will have posted your photo and any associated text ...

NOTE - If you are a NEW member, you will not be allowed to post a photo for one week after joining. This is to prevent spammers from joining and then immediately putting up SPAM ads in the form of a photo.

Bob

Last edited by Bob Latino on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pat R.
    Pat R.

HOW TO POST A PHOTO on the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum Empty Re: HOW TO POST A PHOTO on the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Post by Pat R. Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:12 am

There is another way to insert your image. It is using another free tool. Gyazo.. go to Gyazo.com and download the program. Once you have it pin it to your task bar.. open a photo you want to capture onto your desktop or from a website.. click on the gyazo link on the taskbar. It will open up a crosshairs cursor, use this to capture your photo by outlining it. Once you do that it will open up a new tab in your browser with the image you captured. From there right click and select copy image location. Click the image icon in the message box on the forum and paste the image location from the gyazo page into it. It's that simple! and fast. If you want the image centered, first select the centered icon from above and then the image icon, paste your image location then and your image will be centered in your post. As you will see I just captured Bob's profile image.

Last edited by Pat Reese on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:27 am; edited 2 times in total
    Pat R.
    Pat R.

HOW TO POST A PHOTO on the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum Empty Re: HOW TO POST A PHOTO on the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Post by Pat R. Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:20 am

You will find that this is a very good tool to learn to use, it is fast and easy. Less steps than using photo bucket too!.. it can be very helpful for instance when asking for help. If you need to zoom in and select a particular place in your board or amp work..
    Below I am posting a pic of the ST 70 I just completed and then I will pick an area of the amp to single out so you can see what I mean.

PS paste image location in the URL spot

Overall of amp
    HOW TO POST A PHOTO on the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum 4940607cbe9f837f04ae2a6f3194076d

Triode/Pentode Switch detail

HOW TO POST A PHOTO on the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum 5d2942246c7aed8bfc55e1c764b6deee
    Pat R.
    Pat R.

Post by Pat R. Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:02 am

Later I can show you how to do this....

HOW TO POST A PHOTO on the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum 107dcd17b1c0a6600674e240059dc311
    Maintarget
    Maintarget

Post by Maintarget Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:57 pm

Thanks Pat, I'm looking forward to trying this and posting up!
    TN Allen

Post by TN Allen Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:18 pm

Hello Bob,

I would like to post a Flickr photo of a proposed layout for a Mark III, is the icon I am to click to insert and image the icon with the plus sign, two to the left of the YouTube icon above? I've tired it unsuccessfully. Here is the link:    https://www.flickr.com/photos/68227271@N04/16519494598/
    perhaps you can find a reason it won't work? I resized it to make a smaller file.

Thank you, tna
    Pat R.
    Pat R.

Post by Pat R. Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Tn when trying to post your ling are you using the link button..
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:01 pm

TN Allen wrote:Hello Bob,

I would like to post a Flickr photo of a proposed layout for a Mark III, is the icon I am to click to insert and image the icon with the plus sign, two to the left of the YouTube icon above? I've tired it unsuccessfully. Here is the link:    https://www.flickr.com/photos/68227271@N04/16519494598/
    perhaps you can find a reason it won't work? I resized it to make a smaller file.

Thank you, tna

Hi,

I tried to post that photo and I was also not able to make it come up either. This may have something to do with your photos on the Flickr web site being "private" rather than "public". I do not know how Flickr works. Try posting the same photos on Photobucket and you should have no trouble making the photos come up.

Bob
    Pat R.
    Pat R.

Post by Pat R. Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:18 pm

HOW TO POST A PHOTO on the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum 85f829cd7d66ebe1ceba1945846e4a23

Here it is using gyazo. As simple as outlining with the cursor.. right clicking.. copy image location and paste in the image link above..

(Bob we can delete these if you want to keep this thread clean afterwards)
    TN Allen

Post by TN Allen Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:22 pm

Thank you for the assistance, I'll keep at this, perhaps eventually perhaps I can sort it out.

I tried Gyazo, no success though. The photo on Flickr is public.

If there is a way to go about something the wrong way, I find it, without even looking.
    TN Allen

HOW TO POST A PHOTO on the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum Empty Possible Photo Gyazo Solution

Post by TN Allen Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:51 am

I may have found a solution to my photo posting problem. I compared Pat R.'s image information to mine and noticed mine was missing some code. I then looked at the Gyazo page information found by Right Clicking the Share icon at the bottom of the Gyazo page, here was a line of code similar to what Pat R.'s image information code. I have included the Screen Capture.

I probably missed the following in Pat R.'s explanation. The same image location information can be found and copied by right clicking on the image one has put on the Gyazo website. After a right click, the image location can then be copied and pasted into the Dynaco Forum Insert an Image Window window.

If any further information is needed, or assistance, I'll be happy to do what I can to help. Thank you Pat R. for your support and earlier assistance. I do like Gyazo. tna

HOW TO POST A PHOTO on the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum _d9f7e04d03913a99f6b93b4cf12f63ea
    gener8r
    gener8r

Post by gener8r Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:03 pm

I can't ever get flickr to post either.  However, if you care to click on the following link you can see my latest creations.  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/59541088@N08/16440247793/

These are what true woodies look like.  Built the ST70, a project I've had on the back shelf for over a year now, to drive these:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/59541088@N08/17060400695/

The three of them are a really nice combo especially with a digital source.  The speakers would do better with a ST120 driving them.

***I did not mean to post this here***

Last edited by gener8r on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Posted in wrong place)
    robinsonalex760

Post by robinsonalex760 Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:09 am

hello, I am new here, nice to meet you all Very Happy
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:16 am

Glad to have you as a member .. The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum has been up for about 9 years .. Although the forum is heavily into Dynaco type tube audio gear, you can also post general audio related questions ...

Bob

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:55 am