The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

5 posters

Award for the most parts packed into a Dynaco ST-70 chassis - photos ..

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Award for the most parts packed into a Dynaco ST-70 chassis - photos .. Empty Award for the most parts packed into a Dynaco ST-70 chassis - photos ..

Post by Bob Latino Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:32 pm

Here is a Dynaco ST-70 amp rebuilt by Georgia resident Jeff Davison on an original chassis. I think Jeff went for a "dual mono" rebuild with TWO power supply boards, two chokes, two rectifier tubes, 4 X bias pots and what looks like a driver circuit on two turret boards in place in place of a single driver board. For all the parts packed in there, this rebuild looks very well executed. I was not able to get a photo of the top or front of the amp ...

Bob

Award for the most parts packed into a Dynaco ST-70 chassis - photos .. 1-1

Award for the most parts packed into a Dynaco ST-70 chassis - photos .. 3-1
    DynakitParts
    DynakitParts

Award for the most parts packed into a Dynaco ST-70 chassis - photos .. Empty ST-70 Build

Post by DynakitParts Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:20 pm

A nice job indeed...

I actually see a few of my parts in this build...Appears that parts are from a number
    of different supplier's. I would like to see a photo of the top side. Jeff..Can you
    post a photo for our members?

Kevin @ Dynakitparts
    danskman
    danskman

Award for the most parts packed into a Dynaco ST-70 chassis - photos .. Empty Re: Award for the most parts packed into a Dynaco ST-70 chassis - photos ..

Post by danskman Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:23 pm

What a job! I hope nothing will ever burn in this crowded chassis... I wonder if it is quiet?
    BR,
    Danskman
    baddog1946
    baddog1946

Award for the most parts packed into a Dynaco ST-70 chassis - photos .. Empty Re: Award for the most parts packed into a Dynaco ST-70 chassis - photos ..

Post by baddog1946 Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:35 pm

It looks like there may be a couple of toroid transformers on there. I think I see two items where the power transformer used to live. I remember another Dynaco amp variant that did this a while back. We may get an idea of what the top looks like from the pics I put on my photobucket page. This person obviously planned things well as I agree it is a neat job for such a crowded environment. In fact on closer inspection I think this is the same amp

http://s1212.beta.photobucket.com/user/baddog1946/library/Dynaco%20Variant
    Andy Jersey

Post by Andy Jersey Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:48 pm

Unless you live in one of those coffin sized apartments mayor Bloomberg is championing why would you want to cram so much stuff in such a tight place. Obviously builder had resources for larger chassis
    While workmanship appears to be top notch, it just seems like you're inviting problems. Noise,heat,lack of serviceability. Even birthing pain tweaks can compromise your artwork. I tip my hat to your craftsmanship.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:47 am